PDA

View Full Version : quick- help me choose my last zutano bodysuit pattern.....

lincolnparkafterdark
04-19-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm ordering my first zutano. I'm getting some bodysuits and i'll probably get one jacket. This is what I've got so far:
the chocolate striped
the chocolate dot
cabana stripes
circus

and I'm deciding between the 'spots' pattern and the aqua/red/multi stripe one. both have similar colors but i can't decide on spots or stripes since I already have some stripes and one spots pattern in my basket.

I thought I'd get an orange jacket, I think that will go with all the bodysuits I've chosen.

decisions, decisions!

lenad
04-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Is this for a boy or for a girl? My dd has chocolate dots, cabana stripes, and a yellow/orange fleece jacket (which she wore for her entire 2nd year of life) of those you mentioned (plus a bunch of other solid-color, striped, and patterned t-shirts, jackets and pants).

I personally think that dots are more girly than stripes. I adore chocolate dots and other than some obvious girly choices (with lots of pink), this one is the most girly of the ones you have mentioned (except for aqua spots). Orange jacket would go great with them all (as would a red jacket, and I find chocolate dots go well even with green!). As for the aqua stripes you are asking about (not sure if this is the one you are thinking of, but what they call "multi-stripe aqua" on bambinomountain.com?), I think it's important that your dc looks good in aqua. My dd looks great in aqua, but not good in any other blue, so I think that could be tricky. Just in case you have a boy, I think all of those would look great on a boy too! In fact, for the longest time people thought dd was a boy when she was dressed in her Zutano stuff.

In case you are thinking of those pieces for a longer period (i.e., you are buying bigger), I find patterns (including dots) show more wash-wear than stripes, and stripes show more than solid colors. And though I love Zutano, they are just not the quality to pass down (we machine washed and machine dried them, so maybe that was a part of the reason).

lincolnparkafterdark
04-20-2007, 08:05 AM
This is for a newborn boy. I ended up choosing the aqua/red multistripe over the dots. I never thought of the chocolate dots as being girly.

Am I wrong about this? Also I thought the cabana stripe would go for both boys and girls. Am I wrong again?

lenad
04-20-2007, 02:50 PM
I think everything you got can be used for both. For me, 'girly' means not obviously 'boyish'. I am by and large against pink, frills, smocked, and even gathered sleeves. As I said, people thought dd was a boy when dressed in Zutano. (Majority of her pants now, and she is 2.5yrs, are boys pants, just b/c I like their cut better. These days I consciously select more girly tops just to have her look like a girl.)

Having said that, I think dots are the most girly (i.e., the least boyish) of the patterns you got, but that doesn't necessarily mean a boy would look like a girl. Cabana stripe, if anything, is more boyish I almost didn't get it, but the store I was in didn't have anything else I liked, and I do like cabana stripes.

I just thought it was funny that you and I like the same Zutano patterns.

jess
04-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Zutano's dots are perfectly unisex...both my son and his friend (a girl) have them, and they both look adorable; it's one of the reasons we love Zutano so much: they do gender neutral pretty well!