PDA

View Full Version : Favorite brands of SHOES for wide to extra-wide feet???

Corie
04-19-2007, 02:25 PM
My DD is 5.5 years old and my son is 2.5 years old. Both have wide to extra-wide
feet. (Inherited directly from my husband's square feet)

Any favorite brands to look at?

Thanks!!

trumansmom
04-19-2007, 04:28 PM
We've had good luck with Jumping Jacks. DH has square feet as well. :)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Melanie
04-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Stride Rite, Elefanten (Umis should be the same but we've not tried them since the change), Crocs (LOL), Sperry seem to run wider than SRs as Ds doesn't even usually need a wide in them, See Kai Run for your littlest one.

scoop22
04-19-2007, 08:08 PM
i would love to help you but i seem to be having the same problem. we dont' know were ds inherited his.. we just were at a shoe store today and i told ds he will be going barefoot all summer if he doesn't lose the fat feet. we had to pass up all the fun shoes. boo hoo... i hope you find something you like. please let me know what you find..
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

snowangel
04-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Doesn't it suck?! Bleck. My kids have wide feet too.

My DD wears See Kai Run almost exclusively. I know I can rely on them being wide enough for her. I am desperately trying to find other shoes that aren't Stride Rite XW. I am not a huge fan of the SR but buy them if there is nothing else.
She wears Pedipeds as her indoor shoes and they are wonderful.

My DS loves his Crocs for the summer. I also bought him Keen's this year. Hopefully they will be ok. It hasn't been warm enough to wear them yet.

shburks
04-21-2007, 01:46 PM
I had to return a pair of Jumping Jacks because there was no way ds's feet were going in them. He actually cried. Until this last time of buying shoes, my 2.5 year old had only worn See Kai Run shoes and sandals. This time we bought Geox tennis shoes, a pair of Crocs, and a pair of SR sandals. They all seem to be working well for his wide feet. We tried on a pair of SR tennis shoes (they come in XW), but I just liked the look of the Geox better.

HTH

Susan

egoldber
04-21-2007, 04:02 PM
My DD5 is also a very wide foot, just like me. :)

IME, any brand can work, it just depends on the cut and the style. For tennis shoes, we stick to StrideRite. She also really, really, really likes her Merrell Jungle Mocs. Her new fav pair is her Crocs. Geox did not work at all for her and Ecco is tricky.

I liked Elefanten when she was a toddler but have not had as much luck with Umi. Jumping Jacks do work for her, but are too expensive for me.

schums
04-22-2007, 08:21 PM
We have WIDE feet here too -- don't you just love it?? Anyway, the brands that worked really well for us were Willets and Max Silver (looks a lot like Willets, may be the same company) for tennis shoes, Payless for dress shoes (their wide is REALLY wide) and Ecco for sandals. Ecco doesn't actually make wides, but their shoes run really wide and DS has had NO problem getting them on his chunky feet. New Balance runs wide, as do some Fila shoes (not sure they even make kid shoes any more, tho).

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

rbsmom
04-25-2007, 02:00 PM
My DD is two, and so far, these have worked best (she has wide, but VERY fat feet):

Pedoodles - run nice and wide & hold up VERY well

See Kai Run - worked great last year, but her foot got fatter?? and now I can't shove her feet in them. Downside is their leather is so soft that it scuffs very easily

Carters - their shoes seem to run wide

New Balance - LOVE their Extra Wide sneakers

Stride Rite - when I can find cute Extra wide shoes that don't cost a fortune!

Target - just started buying some there for this summer & they seem to run wide

rbsmom
04-25-2007, 02:00 PM
My DD is two, and so far, these have worked best (she has wide, but VERY fat feet):

Pedoodles - run nice and wide & hold up VERY well

See Kai Run - worked great last year, but her foot got fatter?? and now I can't shove her feet in them. Downside is their leather is so soft that it scuffs very easily

Carters - their shoes seem to run wide

New Balance - LOVE their Extra Wide sneakers

Stride Rite - when I can find cute Extra wide shoes that don't cost a fortune!

Target - just started buying some there for this summer & they seem to run wide

MelissaTC
04-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Tsukihoshi run wider. They make really cool shoes. http://www.tsukihoshi.com/shoes.html

SnuggleBuggles
04-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I second the Tsukihoshi recommendation. I buy them at an independent shoe store. We have the navy with red trim child's version. Best part about them is how wide the opening is for the foot. It is so incredibly easy to get these shoes on!

We have had our pair since Sept. and ds wears them near daily. They are showing their wear but that's to be expected.

Beth

SAHMommie
05-01-2007, 02:07 PM
See Kai Run were our absolute favs but ds has outgorwn them. They only go to sz 9.

Some of the brands we buy now are Jumping Jacks (some styles come in XW), New Balance XW, Crocs, Willits XW and Primigi.

SAHMommie