PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for a high instep?

Puddy73
04-21-2007, 03:27 PM
DS' feet are not wide, but they are sooo "thick" that it is almost impossible to find shoes that don't rub on top. We have two pairs of SKRs that work pretty well, but they are too wide and I think they make him trip sometimes. He's almost 18 months old and he wears size 6.5. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Puddy73
04-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Anyone?

Jennifer

Puddy73
04-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Anyone?

Jennifer

mmaimp
04-23-2007, 09:50 PM
I like the Merrills that have the Velcro closures, not the slip on ones. Both my DS have a high instep, as do I, but only the little one has wide feet. These Merrills, Sprint Junior, worked for both boys. I also like ECCO's and Nike's Free style sneaker.

In sandals Lands End has sport ones that have Velcro too but they are open toed. I usually don't use open toe sandals till they are 2 yo. I always get the SR leather fisherman sandals, Angler, every year and they work well for our high insteps. We tried Umi sandals in the store and they seemed really wide around the ankle.

HTH,

mmaimp
04-23-2007, 09:50 PM
I like the Merrills that have the Velcro closures, not the slip on ones. Both my DS have a high instep, as do I, but only the little one has wide feet. These Merrills, Sprint Junior, worked for both boys. I also like ECCO's and Nike's Free style sneaker.

In sandals Lands End has sport ones that have Velcro too but they are open toed. I usually don't use open toe sandals till they are 2 yo. I always get the SR leather fisherman sandals, Angler, every year and they work well for our high insteps. We tried Umi sandals in the store and they seemed really wide around the ankle.

HTH,

JdrKuhnert
04-24-2007, 12:16 AM
My son also has a high instep. Naturino shoes work well for him. They have some cute styles and are well made shoes. We started with the Falcotto line by Naturino. The salesperson recommended this brand to us because of his high instep. I hope this helps.

Janda

JdrKuhnert
04-24-2007, 12:16 AM
My son also has a high instep. Naturino shoes work well for him. They have some cute styles and are well made shoes. We started with the Falcotto line by Naturino. The salesperson recommended this brand to us because of his high instep. I hope this helps.

Janda

jvs195
04-24-2007, 06:26 AM
DS has same problem. Only velcro closures work and we've had best success with Eccos and for sandals last year we had SKR and Timbertots fisherman type with velcro closures that worked well. LE water shoes are adjustable enough, just sometimes hard to get the foot into.

jvs195
04-24-2007, 06:26 AM
DS has same problem. Only velcro closures work and we've had best success with Eccos and for sandals last year we had SKR and Timbertots fisherman type with velcro closures that worked well. LE water shoes are adjustable enough, just sometimes hard to get the foot into.

jfmiller
04-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I have to second the Naturino recommendation. Both my children have high insteps (family foot problem!) and these fit beautifully! For my DD (whose foot is not too wide) we also get XW at Stride Rite to compensate for the instep - but again, how they fit it really critical.

Good luck!

Jennifer
Proud SAHM to Graham (1/02) and Genevieve (4/04)

jfmiller
04-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I have to second the Naturino recommendation. Both my children have high insteps (family foot problem!) and these fit beautifully! For my DD (whose foot is not too wide) we also get XW at Stride Rite to compensate for the instep - but again, how they fit it really critical.

Good luck!

Jennifer
Proud SAHM to Graham (1/02) and Genevieve (4/04)