PDA

View Full Version : DS is still fitting in the clothes from 2 summers ago. A-g-r-r-r

kozachka
04-21-2007, 08:10 PM
This petty b!tch really belongs in another forum but I think you ladies would be able to relate better ;). DS still fits into a lot of the summer clothes from almost 2 years ago. And I am sick of them!!!

As an end of November child who at the time lived in SoCal, DS needed all new stuff at the end of 'summer' before his second birthday. I sized up a bit, buying mossly 2T, hoping things would last to the next warm season. He also wore them that winter while we visited MIL in FL for a month+. And than again this past summer. This past December-January they still fit DS fine so he got some use out of them while staying with MIL in FL again. We are preparing to leave for FL next week-end and most of the stuff still fits, especially shorts. How can this be?! Granted DS is slender already and the fact that he is out of diapers means he can wear shorts as small as 24 months. I think he even has a pair of 18 months that fit him fine. At least t-shirts are beginning to get snug and short :). I want to put all the new stuff on my little boy, but why is his Le Top outfit is 3T hangs on him :( ? I am packing it anyway.

DS is on the verge of growing out of size 3T OshKosh l/s shirt while some 2T t-shirts fit him just right, finally. How am supposed to plan his clothing roster with sizing all over the place?

scoop22
04-21-2007, 09:07 PM
i am so bad at sizes.. so i am no help. but my first thought was dh wishes this was our case!!! saving money is on his mind. have fun in FL!!!!

http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

kozachka
04-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah, but I had to buy a bunch of summer clothes at the end of August-beginning of September when DS was about the same age as your son. And while my DH has no problem with how much money I spend on DS' clothing, he complains about the amount of time and energy I devote to outfitting DS ;). I looove the excitement of chasing the best deal, and sometimes can't help but wonder if it's really worth it if you add the cost of my time. Now that I WOH FT, things are quite a bit more under control in that department. That's not to say that I don't buy clothing for DS, just that I am getting frustrated figuring out sizes as these days I buy almost everything online.

And the fact that tops from almost two summers ago still fit DS :eyeroll means that he has entirely too many tops. Of course, my "too many" might be "just right" for the other person. At this age and given how often we do laundry in our compact washing machine, DS does not really need more than 5-6 tops/bottoms. Of course, he has more than that. Somehow I manage to not overbuy bottoms (maybe because they are more expensive or maybe because they are not as cute?) but can't help it with tops.

Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better already.

Radosti
04-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Ummm... my 16 months old is 30.5 lbs and wears mostly 2T now, but a lot of 3T stuff is just right on him as well (especially from Lands End and Children's Place). In fact, the outfit he wore all day today is a 3T from Lands End, and the outfit he wore all day yesterday is a 90 from Hanna Andersson.

I have no idea what it's like to keep clothing around for more than a few months. I buy everything on deep clearance and I buy ahead in a few sizes because I know he'll grow into it at some point (mostly sooner rather than later)...

barbarhow
04-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Elena-I so feel your pain. Thankfully I have Anna to outfit so it doesn't feel quite as bad. At 4 years old, Jack remains so slim that he is still wearing his 2T shorts, with room to spare, too! Thankfully he is taller and more broad so I do get to buy new shirts. It cracks me up, though that he is still in the same shorts and bathing suits. He actually went to swimming lessons the other day in a 6m-12m bathing suit, granted the suit was oversized at that age and fitting to a tee now, but even so....
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

stefani
04-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi Elena,

LOL! My DS is about the same as as yours. I think his Spring / Summer wardrobe this year is pretty much from last year (with a few things tossed away as they are too small).

He also has more tops than bottoms, and like a PP mentioned, bottoms come in fever varieties :-)

I think now I am not going to buy as many outfits, but will buy more of what I really really love (that might mean not saving money at all!).

The sizing from different brands are not consistent, and that makes it hard.