PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Boden Faves for girls?

debsterchen
04-23-2007, 04:05 PM
What are your favorite Mini-Boden items for girls? Not dressy styles, more of every day things. I'm looking to pick up some pants/tees for DD who is 4. I'm thinking about the Ruffle Trim Trousers and the Heart Pedal Pushers. Do those pants "stay on"? DD is on the thinner side and we like elastic waist pants for easy potty use but sometimes elastic pants that are not leggings just slide down unless tied in the front but then it's hard to get them untied for the potty. Any experience with these pants? Thinking about getting some simple tees to match or getting a few POAGTs from Hanna.

-Debbie

debsterchen
04-23-2007, 04:05 PM
What are your favorite Mini-Boden items for girls? Not dressy styles, more of every day things. I'm looking to pick up some pants/tees for DD who is 4. I'm thinking about the Ruffle Trim Trousers and the Heart Pedal Pushers. Do those pants "stay on"? DD is on the thinner side and we like elastic waist pants for easy potty use but sometimes elastic pants that are not leggings just slide down unless tied in the front but then it's hard to get them untied for the potty. Any experience with these pants? Thinking about getting some simple tees to match or getting a few POAGTs from Hanna.

-Debbie

emmiem
04-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Those pants were too large in the waist for my skinny 6 yo. In fact, all the pants even with adjustable elastic tend to be too big. If we go down a size, they are too short in rise or length.

We like the tops! Applique tops, tanks, little shrugs, peasant skirts, tank dresses, striped playdresses all worked for both my girls.
Michele

emmiem
04-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Those pants were too large in the waist for my skinny 6 yo. In fact, all the pants even with adjustable elastic tend to be too big. If we go down a size, they are too short in rise or length.

We like the tops! Applique tops, tanks, little shrugs, peasant skirts, tank dresses, striped playdresses all worked for both my girls.
Michele

debsterchen
04-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks Michele, the info about the pants is really helpful.

-Debbie

debsterchen
04-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks Michele, the info about the pants is really helpful.

-Debbie

sgalle
04-25-2007, 03:28 PM
A few months ago I purchased the heart pedal pushers and cargo pants in size 2/3 for my average sized 2 1/2 year old daughter (still in diapers), and I need to cinch in the waist a few inches unsing the drawstring. There's very little elastic and run wide IMO. On the other hand, the t-shirts, especially the one with the horse/rabbit/dog, was very "fitted" and, although they fit DD, I could have ordered a size up.

Sandra
Mom to B/G twins (2 1/2 years old)

sgalle
04-25-2007, 03:28 PM
A few months ago I purchased the heart pedal pushers and cargo pants in size 2/3 for my average sized 2 1/2 year old daughter (still in diapers), and I need to cinch in the waist a few inches unsing the drawstring. There's very little elastic and run wide IMO. On the other hand, the t-shirts, especially the one with the horse/rabbit/dog, was very "fitted" and, although they fit DD, I could have ordered a size up.

Sandra
Mom to B/G twins (2 1/2 years old)

sgalle
04-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Here's a list and some notes on what my DD has and what I'm still interested in purchasing:

Items Purchased and Kept:
1. Pet T-Short in "Horse/yellow" (ran a little small, proably because it's suppose to be a fitted T - just like the current adult style)
2. Jersey Pedal Pushers in "Daisy" print (to match Pet T-shirt. These seemed to run small compared to the "larger" non-jersey pants I purchased but I think the outfit is cute!)
3. Heart Pedal Pushers in "Denim" (ran a little large in waist)
4. Cargos Cropped Pants in "White" (also ran a little large in waist)
5. Towling Shorts in "Pink Tropical Flower" (perfect fit! Very cute! Can't wait for it to get warmer)
6. Sunday Dress in "Rose" print (one of those "had to have it" but DD has yet to wear because it's not warm enough. Could go casual or a little dressier)
7. Crochet Trip T-Shirt in "White" (true to size, but a fitted fit. A great basic.)
8. Stripy T-Shirt in "Green" stripe w/pink trim (true to size, but a little fitted fit)

Items Purchased and Returned:
1. Ruffle Trim Trousers in "Coco spot" (Didn't like the fabric)
2. Girly T-Shirt in "Lilac" (scoop neckline a little too wide and purchased to go with the pants I returned so this also went back)

Items I'm Thinking of Purchasing:
1. Stripy Jersey Dress in "Blue/Ecru"
2. Fun Applique Dress in "Aqua/Pear"
3. Woven Tie Front Shirt in "60's Daisy"
4. Big Print T-Shirt in "White Flower"

Anybody own any of the above items I'm interested in purchasing and have any feedback?

I'm also waiting for a few backordered items to arrive, like the pj's

Thanks,
Sandra
Mom to B/G Twins (2 1/2 years old)

sgalle
04-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Here's a list and some notes on what my DD has and what I'm still interested in purchasing:

Items Purchased and Kept:
1. Pet T-Short in "Horse/yellow" (ran a little small, proably because it's suppose to be a fitted T - just like the current adult style)
2. Jersey Pedal Pushers in "Daisy" print (to match Pet T-shirt. These seemed to run small compared to the "larger" non-jersey pants I purchased but I think the outfit is cute!)
3. Heart Pedal Pushers in "Denim" (ran a little large in waist)
4. Cargos Cropped Pants in "White" (also ran a little large in waist)
5. Towling Shorts in "Pink Tropical Flower" (perfect fit! Very cute! Can't wait for it to get warmer)
6. Sunday Dress in "Rose" print (one of those "had to have it" but DD has yet to wear because it's not warm enough. Could go casual or a little dressier)
7. Crochet Trip T-Shirt in "White" (true to size, but a fitted fit. A great basic.)
8. Stripy T-Shirt in "Green" stripe w/pink trim (true to size, but a little fitted fit)

Items Purchased and Returned:
1. Ruffle Trim Trousers in "Coco spot" (Didn't like the fabric)
2. Girly T-Shirt in "Lilac" (scoop neckline a little too wide and purchased to go with the pants I returned so this also went back)

Items I'm Thinking of Purchasing:
1. Stripy Jersey Dress in "Blue/Ecru"
2. Fun Applique Dress in "Aqua/Pear"
3. Woven Tie Front Shirt in "60's Daisy"
4. Big Print T-Shirt in "White Flower"

Anybody own any of the above items I'm interested in purchasing and have any feedback?

I'm also waiting for a few backordered items to arrive, like the pj's

Thanks,
Sandra
Mom to B/G Twins (2 1/2 years old)

karin4
04-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Sandra, I just ordered the aqua/pear fun applique dress this week. I'll be happy to let you know what we think of it when it arrives, if you're still considering it!

mabun3
04-30-2007, 03:23 PM
I got DD:

Denium heart pocket pedal pushers--these are a little big in the waist--I got the 2-3. I think I should have sized down.
blue tulip towelling shorts--I love these! fit perfect in 3-4
Pink T-shirt to match pink on tulip shorts
Soft aqua cake fun applique T-shirt
Rabbit pet T-shirt
Strawberry Vintage Cropped Baggies--matches rabbit T--fit well in the 2-3. they have a little drawstring.
Daisy Pedal pushers--fit perfect in 2-3
Funky flip flops in aqua daisy--my daughter loves these and she walks pretty well in them.

I would love to get another pair of the towelling shorts and one of the swimsuits--maybe the aqua daisy or the strawberry.

Have fun shopping.

sgalle
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM
YES! Please let me know if you like the fun applique dress!

Thanks,
Sandra
Mom of b/g twins (2 1/2 years)

karin4
05-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Sorry I've taken so long to get back to this! It may be too late, but if you're still considering this dress, I say go for it. It's really cute and nicely made. It does seem to run a bit big, but that's par for the course with Boden dresses, at least for my DD. We got a 3/4, but I think I might prefer the fit of a 2/3-- I like this style to hit just above the knee, and it's just below on her.

Here are a couple photos-- hope they help!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/karin4/IMG_3506.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/karin4/IMG_3505.jpg

squimp
05-26-2007, 05:16 PM
What a doll Karin!

We have the denim heart pocket pedal pushers, and they are awesome. My DD is a future little plumber, if you know what I mean, but these pants stay on her really well.