PDA

View Full Version : Hats that child will keep on??

jacksmomtobe
04-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm having trouble with DD ripping off any hat that I put on her. We made it through the winter ok and she didn't start ripping off her knit hat until recently. Now that the warmer weather is arriving I really want to find some hats to protect her from the sun. So far I've tried a baseball cap and a bucket hat with tie (that stayed on for longer than the baseball cap but she got it off). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

jacksmomtobe
04-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm having trouble with DD ripping off any hat that I put on her. We made it through the winter ok and she didn't start ripping off her knit hat until recently. Now that the warmer weather is arriving I really want to find some hats to protect her from the sun. So far I've tried a baseball cap and a bucket hat with tie (that stayed on for longer than the baseball cap but she got it off). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

MommyAllison
04-25-2007, 12:41 AM
I think persistance is key during this stage. Right now, DD is favoring a Hanna floppy sunhat that ties, but only the bright pink one. The white eyelet HA hat is a no go. I just keep putting it back on though, hoping that I am more stubborn than she is! :)

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

MommyAllison
04-25-2007, 12:41 AM
I think persistance is key during this stage. Right now, DD is favoring a Hanna floppy sunhat that ties, but only the bright pink one. The white eyelet HA hat is a no go. I just keep putting it back on though, hoping that I am more stubborn than she is! :)

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

Ceepa
04-26-2007, 06:50 AM
This can be hard! DS wears a bucket hat with a Velcro strap and DD has a Hanna floppy sunhat. DS is great about his hat but DD will rip hers off if I put it on her in the house on our way out. If I put it on her once we get outside, she's so distracted that she leaves it on. Worth a shot?

-Ceepa

lenad
04-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I hate to say this, but it did happen. Last summer dd (22mo at the time) *refused* to wear any hat, or even try one (the summer before was ok, now it's ok again). There was just no way to get her to do it, period. So I put a ton of sunscreen on her face and watched her to make sure she didn't overheat.

jacksmomtobe
04-26-2007, 09:38 PM
I actually had some success when I put a hat on DD after she fell asleep in the stroller. When she woke up she didn't realize it was on. I guess I'll have to keep sunscreen on her and keep trying with hats.

Thanks!

Melanie
04-26-2007, 09:54 PM
I think it's just a stage, both of mine went through it. I would just keep persisting - though not repeatedly over & over in a short time frame; more like everyday or every couple of hours. Especially when she's distracted.