PDA

View Full Version : Crocs or knockoffs for narrow kids' feet?

Beth568
04-27-2007, 08:31 AM
My 5 year old REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wants a pair of Crocs. She sees them around and I think she likes the bright colors, and they do look cute on kids.

I'd get them for her, but she has very narrow feet, and the clogs just don't fit her well. We've tried a few pairs on in stores, and they're just huge on her - it seems like it's hard for her to keep them on her feet. She's a little clumsy to begin with, so I'm afraid she would trip and fall wearing them outside.

Are the Mary Janes any narrower in fit? I haven't been able to see them IRL. Or are there knockoffs that run a bit narrower?

mmaimp
04-27-2007, 09:38 AM
The MJ are a bit narrower and have a strap across the top of the foot that helps keep them on. They are still a bit wide though.

My older DS has a difficult time keeping the regular Crocs on and I found a pair of Sketchers that are a cross between Crocs and Keens. He loves them and they stay on great. I'm not sure if they make a girls version. I purchased them at Sears.

HTH,

MelissaTC
04-27-2007, 03:22 PM
MJs are more narrow. The brand, Holey Soles, run more narrow than the Crocs and fit my DS better. They also come in a few different styles. www.holeysoles.com I believe some JoAnns stores are carrying them now. I got ours from a local shoe store.

new_mommy25
04-27-2007, 09:27 PM
DS likes Geckos. They are a tad narrower and much more soft and flexible.

momathome
04-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Definitely check out the Skechers version of Crocs - I saw them yesterday and they are very cute and a lot more narrow then Crocs. Also, have you tried sizing down in the Crocs? My 6 year-old has a narrow foot and wears an 11.5 in most shoes but her Crocs are size 10/11 and fit her well. HTH!

thing1andt2
04-29-2007, 02:15 PM
The maryjanes are definitly alot narrower. I want some for myself!