PDA

View Full Version : rashguard with bottom for girl

doggiemom
04-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a bathingsuit for DD who is 2 for this summer and am looking for a rashguard with a bottom so I don't have to put a one-piece under the rashguard. Basically, I want to find a rashguard that coordinates with a seperate bottom (like a tankini or bikini bottom). I've seen a few ones at rugged-bear (http://www.ruggedbear-online.com/gi2piratopbi.html) and some stuff at land's end that sort of coordinates, but was wondering if anyone came upon any others. Last summer DD wore a rashguard with a reusable swim diaper and it worked great, since she is potty-trained this year I just think the two-piece aspect will work better rather than trying to get a sandy rashguard on and off at the beach is a real chore. I'm trying to avoid spending fifty bucks on a toddler bathing suit. I've bought a back-up combination of things from target, but the boys shirts don't go that great with the girls.

Thanks,

Colleen
dd 5/25/4
ds 10/23/5

new_mommy25
04-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Old Navy had some when I was there last week. I didn't see them online so maybe they are sold out?

Here's one at Gap. It seems to be sold out in larger sizes online but you might be able to find it in stores.
http://tinyurl.com/2ky9cw

hardysmom
04-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Look at LandsEnd. They have several.

Stephanie

lerlerler
04-28-2007, 10:07 AM
google Tuga sunwear..

not cheap but awesome quality, style, options

becca34
04-28-2007, 02:34 PM
I almost got something from Land's End, but I didn't want to spend a lot, either -- so I'm actually going to just put my 3-year-old DD in a boys' rashguard and boys' swim trunks from Target.

I got a cute pair of trunks, light blue with turtles (http://tinyurl.com/3yq9en) -- and I figured they would offer more sun protection than standard bikini bottoms, anyway.

My DH is planning to spend a lot of time at the pool the next few months teaching DD to swim -- while I sit at home hugely pregnant, LOL -- so I wanted her to be as covered as possible.

It's not quite as cute as girls' swimwear, but she doesn't seem to mind...

doggiemom
04-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Too funny, I actually bought that swimtrunk and rashguard for my 18 month old DS. I couldn't do it to her and put her in the same stuff, she also has her heart set on a pink bathing suit. Too many people already ask me if the two of them are twins (he is very big for his age.)

Beth568
04-28-2007, 09:24 PM
I just bought my 2 year old a 2 piece with a rashguard top at Rugged Bear (there's a store near us, and they had one on sale - fuschia and purple with some flowers on the sleeves).

CWD has some that I think are cute, too, especially for little ones, and the bottoms are more like shorts than bikini bottoms:

http://www.cwdkids.com/servlet/quagga/girls/product.jsp/_qprm_/browse?groupId=17766&itemId=G075&cat=girls-swimwear

In fact, now that I look at these, I may return the Rugged Bear suit and get her this one from CWD. I like the bottoms with more coverage.

doggiemom
04-29-2007, 08:52 AM
I was going to take a ride over to Rugged-bear tomorrow. I've been hesitating because I didn't like what they had online, but I did get DD something there last year. The cwd ones are cute though, I hadn't found those yet. There are some by seafolly girl at beachbamibino.com that are really cute, but kind of expensive. Bathing suits to me seem to be one of those things that I'm not sure of ordering online yet (kind of like shoes - just so much variability in sizing) but I may try the cwd kids ones them seem reasonably priced.

Thanks.

Canna
04-29-2007, 04:16 PM
I looked online a week or so ago and saw one at oldnavy.com that was sold out in all but the smallest size (3-6 months?). However, in my store, they had it in stock in a lot of sizes and it was on sale last week (for about $10).

cdlamis
04-30-2007, 12:10 AM
I like the ones at the Gap this year. I like the fact that they have an SPF protection- unlike the ones at Old Navy(at least the last time I looked).

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04
"http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif"

kcmom
04-30-2007, 11:56 AM
I found some really cute ones for DD at Pumpkin Patch last year. The quality seemed really good with SPF 50+. The retail price was $28.50. I got them for 16.99 in May/June.

kcmom
04-30-2007, 11:56 AM
I found some really cute ones for DD at Pumpkin Patch last year. The quality seemed really good with SPF 50+. The retail price was $28.50. I got them for 16.99 in May/June.

doggiemom
05-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Thought I would post a final note on what I found.

A cute set at the carter's outlet near us, 3/4 sleeves rash guard and boy cut bottoms for $16.
Went for the one at rugged-bear and DD spilt yogurt on it when we were trying it on so it is a keeper, but the top is tight and the bottom on the loose side. But picked up a cute set at old navy for $14 and then a rashguard with spf at old navy (brown) $12 that coordinates with the ruggedbear set(fushia). Seems like alot of suits but we live near the beach and it seemed like we ran through them last summer. Thanks for everyone's feedback.