PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Babystyle clothes?

Marriedladytara
05-05-2007, 06:33 AM
I really want some basics for my son - just cotton onesies and pants, mostly for daycare and easy on and off... Are the babystyle ones a reasonable quality? If they aren't, or if anyone knows of something similar but cheaper...let me know :)

Wife_and_mommy
05-05-2007, 07:00 AM
I was less than impressed with Babystyle. I bought some items last year, on clearance no less, and didn't think they were worth their prices. Some were also better quality than others--too hit or miss IMO.

I got DS a basic tee and shorts and they were pretty good quality for the price I paidbut I'd only buy it on deep clearance. Also make sure to size up at least one size; two is probaby better. They run quite small.

hth

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

I love them most when they are sleeping.--Me
http://b4.lilypie.com/HSUwm4.png
http://b2.lilypie.com/UgAXm5.png

MissyAg94
05-05-2007, 08:09 AM
I agree. I would never pay full price for Babystyle. But I have gotten some pieces really cheap and felt like they were worth what I paid for them.

jerzeygirl
05-05-2007, 09:44 AM
The problem i have with babystyle stuff is the colors. The blues, browns, etc. don't match any other blue/brown stuff from other stores. It's really best suited to go with other babystyle stuff.

jess_g
05-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Well I love our babystyle pull on knit pants from the softest line. They are soft and comfy and fit well. My 3 year old is wearing 4T ones (but I think he would defenitly fit the 3T ones but the 4Ts were hand me downs) and my small 7 year old is wearing the 5T ones. I would say the sizes are comparable to the baby gap sizes (in boys clothes that is). The quaility has not been bad but not great either. After about 6 months of daily use they are starting to get big holes in the knees. But they are very comfy for my boys (and we love the brown color!).

Hope this helps some,

Jessica.

Radosti
05-05-2007, 10:08 PM
I've never bought anything there at full price. However, I always watch the clearance section and snap up any super cheap softest cotton items. T-shirts, shorts, pull on pants. LOVE THEM. Would not pay full price for them, but I always know I will eventually find them for less than $5, so why should I even consider paying ful price... They are so very snuggly! I bought a light blue t-shirt and chocolate color shorts and they go extremely well together. I also like their louder colors (like orange). In fact, on Friday DS wore his orange babystyle t-shirt with blue Hanna cropped sweats and orange runner pedoodle shoes. SO CUTE!!! I got tons of compliments on his outfit. I don't try to match anything by the same color, just put together colors that I think go well together. So, I never worry about buying everything in different colors from them.

TwinsItIs
05-05-2007, 11:12 PM
I have some Babystyle stuff and I happen to like it. Granted, I do take great care of my clothing. Especially the velour stuff.

Ceepa
05-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Have a couple of pieces from Babystyle. The cropped pants and a T-shirt. The T-shirt is very small for its size (though I still put it on DD becaue I love the design). The pants are more true to size.

I bought both on sale.

-Ceepa

sesame
05-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Is it easier to find clearance in the store or online? Thanks!

daisymommy
05-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I think the quality stinks personally. It has always shrank up on me, faded, or just started looking thin and cheap.

Radosti
05-06-2007, 06:10 PM
I would bet it's easier in store, but I find it online since I don't have a store nearby.

lizajane
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
baby gap has a line called something like playtime favorites or basics or something or other that we love. tees and pull on pants. all cotton, very soft, and so far, great luck with the quality. i think the pants are $9 and the tees about $7 when you buy two. schuyler and dylan both have them- schuyler is very, very active and is very rough on clothes (age 4) and dylan is very, very messy, and gets stains on clothes (age 2) and so far, both of their outfits still look great.

jyllebean
05-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I received a few of the footed sleepers as gifts and they have held up the best so far of all dd's pj's. We got the 0-3 mos size and she was able to wear them as a newborn (she was 8 lbs) and now at 3.5 mos (and about 15 lbs) they still fit well. And all her other 0-3 clothes are too small. It's weird because I don't think they were huge on her when she was a newborn either. They have held up great in the wash and are very practical and soft. The only downside is the price. But for how long they have lasted they seem worth it. Oh we also have the plain cotton hat/beanie and it is our favorite. Soft and easy to put on and comfy for dd.

kozachka
05-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Like Rada I watch Babystyle clearance section for softest line items and for most part have paid less than $5 per piece incl. S&H (with free shipping coupon). DS has l/s t-shirts and shorts, which he and I love. Have yet to wear terry pants as bought them ahead. We sized up on everything based on advise from this board and since colours were kind of muted to begin with I can't say I noticed any fading. Would not hesitate buying Babystyle softest items again and give them for gifts as well.

2lovingkids
05-08-2007, 12:23 AM
I haven't tried baby style, but Baby Soy has an adorable line of basics at really great prices. You can goole to find out where to buy.
LOL

kcimato
05-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Don't like the babystyle clothes either. Ours are very faded but held up well and are still soft. The fading makes them look just awful. I agree with pp about baby soy. Very cute.

You can find them at www.cutelittleme.com

CiderLogan
05-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I was going to mention BabyGap's basics line too. I have only shopped for girls, but I imagine the boy lines are about the same --they have great prices (always 2 for something, like 2 for $15) and cute colors and patterns (and you can create a nice mix-and-match set since all the colors go together).

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06