PDA

View Full Version : how do a size for hanna pd/dd and shorts?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I want to buy dd a hanna pd/dd w/ short sleeves ( she already has the long sleeve/leggings set). The 110 swims on her but it was resale so I bought it w/ the knowledge that she'd grow into it. The pants fit also.
But here's my concern. She's 42 inches tall so just on the cusp of 110 and 110. But she's thin. Only 41 pounds last time we checked,I have to really cinch in her adjustable waist jeans for them to fit. so she's very thin waisted. Also, her size 80 three sisters capri shorts and top still fit but they're getting a little snug so I'm wondering what size I should get. Should I get a 100 or the 110 or should I go smaller on the shorts or even the dress. I don't know what to do and I would like to get it right the first time and not have to deal with exchanging it.
I was also wondering- does anyone know if the pd/dd will go on sale at the june sale? How big is the june sale? Tia

sesame
05-07-2007, 11:16 AM
You can call Hanna customer service to ask about measurments and shinkage. The playdresses are suppose to shrink after a few times in the dryer.

squimp
05-07-2007, 12:18 PM
My DD is 41 inches and about 37 lbs, and all Hanna 100 dresses fit her well. IME, the 110s are so much bigger than the 100s, it's a big jump. I would stick with 100s for your daughter, if they are for the summer. The pds are cuter if too short than if too long, in my opinions, of course with the shorts or capris. I bet the pds will go on a deeper sale, but if there's a color you really want I'd get the matching set now. Selection in the 100s can be pretty slim by the time sales roll around.

luv_my_girl
05-18-2007, 11:58 AM
My DD moved to a 110 when she was about 42 inches tall (35 lbs - skinny kid). They were big for awhile. That was winter-time, but in the summer I'd stick with the 100. The summer dresses look funny when too big. They swallow you up!

Ditto on what PP said about the sale - these sell out in size 100 and 110 very quickly. It's hard to find both tops and bottoms that match.

colleenfs
05-18-2007, 12:23 PM
My dd was in 110s at 42 inches, 42 pounds last summer. She is now 48 pounds 45 inches, and they still fit pretty well. We're getting ready to make the jump to 120s (on certain items - not pants!)

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�

debsterchen
05-18-2007, 01:54 PM
This tip may help you out - within 14 days before the December sale I ordered a whole bunch of Hannas and then I called and received a huge price adjustment after the sale started. Online they will only adjust from regular priced items so if you buy a PD now, since it is already reduced, you probably won't get the price adjustment but the bike shorts are still full price. So if you want to guarantee you get what you want, place your order about the week before the June sale - I think it's June 7, someone said when it starts (maybe try to confirm that with CS). You would pay higher shipping too but at least you'd be guaranteed what you want.

-Debbie