PDA

View Full Version : Best shoes for a new walker?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
05-07-2007, 06:45 PM
DD is walking now (more than just a step or two!). So far she has been either barefoot or wearing Robeez. What should I get her now that she is on her feet more?

mommabear
05-07-2007, 07:13 PM
The foot Dr told me that any shoe with a good insole and flexible sole is fine. No need to drop big bucks at stride rite. I let DS wear robeeze unless he needed additional protection like if we were walking on gravel etc...

haraldsworth
05-07-2007, 10:42 PM
My son continued to wear robeez (or similar) even after he started to walk. When we was started going outside more we switched to See Kai Run. They are the best!

Sarah

lenad
05-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Even when they start walking they need a very soft sole, it's simply much easier for them to walk in soft-soled shoes. I'd get robeez-type shoes, or something else very soft, like SKR. eBay had shoo-shoos (sp?) that were just like Robeez but half the price.

MommyAllison
05-08-2007, 06:22 PM
DD has been walking since late August (and running, climbing, etc) and she still wears Robeez 95% of the time. They are actually my first choice at the playground, even with the gravel, pinecones, etc. because she is so sure-footed in the Robeez.

That said, her first non-soft-shoe shoes were Preschoolians, and she also has worn Stride Rites, Eccos, Converse, and some others...Preschoolians were a good first shoe for us.

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

citymama
05-12-2007, 09:09 PM
My DD's first outdoor shoes as an early walker were Pedoodles - we love them. They're just as flexible as Robeez (well, almost), but have rubber soles for outdoor surfaces.