PDA

View Full Version : Do Hanna girl rompers run small?

citymama
05-15-2007, 04:07 PM
My 14 month old, 32 inches tall DD fits in Hanna 80s (with room to grow) and is still in 70s in zippers and playdresses. I recently bought some adorable (EUC) Hanna rompers in 80 on ebay (this style, but in 2006 prints): http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C15%7C1%7C156%7C5%7C5%7C%7C&simg=31749_B51

They look like they will just about fit her - but probably not for much longer. Do the rompers run really small, or did I just buy some rompers that have been in the dryer too many times? I was considering getting this Bright Baby romper as well but will hold off if there's a sizing issue....

thanks!

smiley525
05-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I have a dots romper form last year, in a size 70 and it's HUGE on my dd I thought they ran big-it's only been through the dryer once though. It's supposed to be shorts but on her it's pants. My DD is 29 3/4 inches tall but only 17.5 lbs.

mmdanfor
05-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I have this year's Bright Baby romper in 80 for my 18-mo, 20 lb daughter. It's big on her, also--cuffs almost to her ankles. I predict we'll get another summer's wear out of it, which is OK by me.

kimbe
05-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I think that they do. Whenever I have gotten DD a romper, I have always had to get a size larger than she normally wears. (The lady at the HA store thought that I was crazy for sizing up, so I went and tried it on DD and proved my point!)

Melanie
05-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Hmm...I haven't tried Dd's on her yet. I guess I should! I just assumed it would be big. The Drifting Blossoms romper was quite big on my 33" 22 lb size 80, but many 80's are. I just assumed this (well, this year's) would be as well. I think sizing does change from time to time, plus when you buy 2nd hand you never know. I have a beautiful size 80 Tea at the Sea Romper I bought from someone and it just fits Dd. The Rose after Rose long romper she's already outgrown! I think overall they are pretty consistent, but from time to time there are changes and exceptions. Since they all are large on my Dd anyway, I wash in warm and dry on low all my Dd's Hannas (as per their wash instructions anyway). I know some people wash cold and hang to dry for longevity.

youngs97
05-17-2007, 09:25 PM
We have the dots romper from last year in an 80. It still fits her this year. I really liked how it fit last year better, but it is by no means too small. We got it when she was approx. 17 months old (22#s, 31 inches). Now she is 29 months (26#s, 33 inches). It will probably last throughout the summer. I love getting two summers out of something!!