PDA

View Full Version : iso shoes dd can wear.she's a size 11 1/2-12 but only 4 years old.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
09-23-2007, 07:48 PM
That don't look like they belong on a 8 year old. All I'm finding are shoes with heels that she'd break her ankle in. Tacky,tacky patterns that i don't feel belong on a young child and so on. I'm looking for reasonably priced shoes ($20) that would be appropriate for a child her age. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. tia.

kaitlinsmommy
09-23-2007, 09:16 PM
This may be a dumb question, but have you checked out Target? DD wears an 11 & we have a couple of shoes from Target that are really cute & very age-appropriate - pink mary-jane tennis shoes & brown mj's (maybe called jo jo).

She has other cute little girl shoes from SR & Primigi, but they are probably more than you want to spend.

What about Keds?

squimp
09-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Definitely try Target - they have cute, comfy shoes up to 12. My almost 4-yr-old wears an 11, and we're buying Target, Stride Rite, Keds and Primigi.

C99
09-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Converse low-tops! They are $20, come in cute colors, have arches and start in size 10. They also run a bit big. My DS1 has been wearing them for the past year or so. His current pair are a size 12.

colleenfs
09-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Finding decent cute shoes for under $20 will be hard. I was going to recommend the Mary Janes at LL Bean and Lands End, but they are both @ $30. Do you live near a Stride Rite Outlet? You can often find decent shoes there for @ $25 or so.

My 5.5 year old is now in 12.5. All of the cute styles stop at 12. But I have found some of the toddler Stride Rites are available in larger sizes on the SR website and on Shoebuy. See the Adria style.

Good luck! I feel your pain!

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�

luv_my_girl
10-02-2007, 11:09 AM
My 4.5 year old wears an 11-1/2 shoe also. We typically spend $25-$35 per pair, but I only buy a few pair of shoes each year.

For fall, she wears the Stride Rite (felicity?) hot pink mesh MJs to school and soccer.

For winter, the Umi brown leather gingerbread MJs. (I love Umis!) These are her dressy shoes over the holidays too.

In the spring/summer, we add a pair of Keens for water play and camp (size up) and Stride Rite white leather sandals.

That's it!