PDA

View Full Version : Boys Gymboree shirts - do they shrink? And other Gymbo ?s

calicocat
09-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't buy Gymboree very often, but was sucked in by the big sale and my extra 20% off coupon on Sunday. The prices were great! I bought a bunch of stuff in size 4T and some 5's for next year. My son is 39 inches tall, just turned 4 (so that's the top of the size 3 or bottom of the size 4). Anyway...everything seems HUGE. Will it shrink? I checked and he has a couple of Gymbo size 4 shirts from last year that are a good bit smaller (in the sleeve length). So is the sizing inconsistent or will it shrink?

I went to another store today to exchange a couple of shirts and ended up buying a sweater and shirt in a size 3 because they didn't have the 4. They fit him now with a little growing room even, but I wonder if they will after I wash and dry them. I could hang up the sweater, but I'm not going to hang t-shirts to dry!

Any input on sizing is appreciated!

smkinc
09-24-2007, 10:09 PM
I have several Gymbo hand me downs and it seems to me that it is now running bigger that it did a few years ago. Especially the pants, DS fits great in his hand me down gymbo size 5's, but is swimming in recent purchase size 5's. I don't think they shrink that much, but I wash in warm and dry on low, so maybe that's it?? I have found the t-shirts to run large. DS wears one size down in the t's that he does in the other items. He's 43" tall and some of the size 4 t's still seem a bit big.

HTH,
Mary

kaitlinsmommy
09-24-2007, 10:10 PM
I always hang my stuff to dry so it doesn't shrink, but I imagine if you put it in the dryer it would shrink a little bit. My dd is 42" & wears a size 5 there, but the 5 long-sleeve shirts are just starting to fit (wheareas she can barely wear that size dresses). I think the sleeves on the shirt are kinda long. I think the 4T's will be fine for your ds this winter & the 5s will probably work next summer. JMO, but if I was you, I probably wouldn't buy more 3s, although they will probably fit him fine too this year.