PDA

View Full Version : wedding clothes for 6 yr old and 2 yr old

Tondi G
09-28-2007, 04:32 PM
So my SIL is getting married at the end of October. I've been putting off buying clothes for my boys cause they grow so fast.... I know they would have outgrown anything I would have bought ahead of time.

My SIL is having an informal wedding. The ceremony will be on a Saturday in the late afternoon/evening at a friends home/backyard. Only 20 people will be there. The reception is being held at Maggianos Italian restraunt in a private room on the next evening, Sunday.

Should my boys wear the same thing to both events? I was thinking khaki pants and french blue button up shirts for the ceremony and black slacks and white shirts for the reception. Then I started thinking maybe white shirts and spaghetti is not such a good idea???? I can just see them walking in pristine and being filthy in minutes. Is is wrong to put them in charcoal grey shirts? Should I get a tie for my 6 year old? I know my 2 year old won't wear one.

For what it's worth my SIL is wearing a hunter green long dress for her ceremony (would that look good with the blue shirts in pics ya think???) and I "think" a cream colored dress for her reception. I know initially she was going to wear a red dress for her reception.... thats why I thought the white shirt would be better for that. I wish it was a tpical wedding so I could just rent them tuxedos and hope for the best! couldn't be that easy though and chances are they wouldn't even wear the jackets but for maybe 5 minutes!

Other thing is shoes. My 6 year old wears a size 3 WIDE. Is stride rite my only option?

My little guy hates any shoes besides his brown see kai run fisherman sandals so I am praying he will wear some black shoes.... if we can find something similar to his big brothers maybe, just maybe, he won't throw a fit! Any flexible black dress shoes out there for toddler boys? He is in a size 8 SKR shoes but I think he would need a 9 in a closed shoe.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions/advise you have to offer!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05

bubbaray
09-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Unless the bride has asked you otherwise (for photos?), I would keep them in the same outfit for both the ceremony and the reception. I like the first outfit you described, maybe adding a navy jacket and brown semi-dressy shoes. Maybe have a second shirt for each in case of stains, but I wouldn't stress about it too much.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007