PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else think Robeez...

JoyNChrist
10-01-2007, 11:58 PM
...are ugly?

I'm ducking and running as I type this, because I know there are some serious Robeez fans here. But we're just getting into the shoe thing with DS (since he's crawling and pulling up and it'll be cooling off here soon), and my aunt bought him a pair of navy blue Robeez. So generous of her, but...I kind of think they're really ugly. They just don't look like shoes, IMO. They're like weird leather socks or slippers or something. Very odd-looking.

Should I try Pedipeds instead? Those look really cute!

2lovingkids
10-02-2007, 12:37 AM
I do have to say when my kids were little I felt the same way, but I did eventually cave. I too was given a pair and all my friends raved about them. Once I started to use them, I realized that my kids couldn't take them off which helped keep feet warm and they wouldn't slip on our hard woods. I think I finally got used to them.

There are a ton of other great soft soled shoes on the market now. I had pedipeds also which I loved. I found some really cute shoes from pazitos, elephantito and beba bean also which will probably be more up your ally.

LOL

lenad
10-02-2007, 02:51 AM
I didn't know there were other choices at the time. And yes, Robeez do make the socks stay up.

I also like the first (stage 1?) shoes from Stride Rite. There are lots of cute shoes for crawlers, just do a search on this board.

Marriedladytara
10-02-2007, 05:57 AM
We liked our Robeez, but we LOVED our pedipeds!!! They are so adorable, but the styles are more "grown up" looking. My favorites are these:

http://www.pediped.com/Product/ProductInfo.aspx?id=87&cid=26

I thought the contrast blue stitching on the brown shoes was gorgeous!

rds97
10-02-2007, 10:49 AM
I think some of them are cute, moreso for girls than boys, but the styles are somewhat limiting - kwim? I found the pedipeds to be cuter and more versatile. Loved them for my son and wished I found them earlier!

- Rebecca S.

JoyNChrist
10-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Ooh, those are cute! I think I might just NEED them, lol!

JoyNChrist
10-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Exactly - I guess that's my problem with them too. There's only so much you can wear a pair of dinosaur shoes with, kwim? The designs themselves are cute, but they just don't look like "real shoes" to me. I like that the Pedipeds look more like adult shoes.

Thanks to everyone for the recs!

MeAndMyStar
10-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Pedipeds are *awesome* but beware of the velcro. It's not so much of a PITA if they take off the shoes in the car or something but if it ever happened in the mall, ack! Robeez are pretty much gonna stay on :)

cpapay
10-02-2007, 02:31 PM
I always had my DD in Robeez---I usually bought solid colored ones--or the type that went with many outfits. She was a December baby so I was concerned about cold feet and keeping them protected when she was in the nursery at church, etc.

For us Robeez were great because when she started walking she wouldn't wipe out when she went from carpet to linoleum. Also, the fact that they didn't come off easily was great. We did switch to pedoodles for outdoor shoes----she quickly figured the velcro out....and off the shoes came.

Some people love them..... some people...not so much =)

carrie

Melanie
10-02-2007, 04:05 PM
I didn't buy them for looks.

Though I do find the designs of Robeez and other's cute these days. I'm assuming you meant the general/basic shape of them.

Wife_and_mommy
10-02-2007, 04:10 PM
I didn't like them much either but they grow on you. Kind of like Hanna. ;)

I love them most when they are sleeping.--Me
http://b4.lilypie.com/HSUwm4.png http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

http://b2.lilypie.com/pXphm4.png http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

Canna
10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
I love that they don't look like real shoes! But then, I think they're cute. (I like the one with designs, not so much the plain ones.) They just seem very comfy, and I think they're quite cute. DD is 2.5 years old and has pink penguins and brown ones with pink hearts. I don't know...I always thought they went with pretty much anything! I mean, when you're a little kid, sure you can wear cat/penguin/dinosaur/turtle/etc. shoes with whatever you want. I really don't like the look of tiny adult shoes on kid feet. Just seems like a waste of opportunity to have more fun! :P

brittone2
10-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't think they are super cute, but they are very functional and the really thin sole is IMO the best thing for learning to walk (or no shoes at all when in the house).

I like pedipeds, etc. but I'm holding out on those until DD is walking pretty well (even though the sole is thin, it is a little more sole than Robeez I think?), and I'm not convinced the velcro will stay on my super active crawler.

lindaana
10-03-2007, 10:35 AM
I too think Robeez are not the cutest option out there for infants or early walkers. Im a Pediped fanatic (just got the Giselle brown dot ones since they're finally back in stock!) I had a VERY active crawler and have an active walker and the velcro hasnt been an issue when she's in motion. I cant say she hasnt played with it while sitting in her carseat, but there's only so much you can do there. :)

I also had a chubby footed baby and the Robeez I had left marks around her little cankles.

cvanbrunt
10-03-2007, 09:48 PM
I don't care for them either. I never put anything on Greta's feet but socks until she started cruising and the daycare wanted something more. I loved the Hanna "first socks". They are toasty and stayed on her feet without any problem. When I needed soft-soled shoes I went to Bobux because they have more plain options. Also liked the pedipeds. I've never understood why some one that can't walk needs "shoes".
-Carrie

TahliasMom
10-04-2007, 12:02 AM
i used bobux and robeez mostly during winter and when dd went to homecare. we had like 3-4 pairs and rotated. there were no other choices plus they kept the socks on. when dd needed more support, i got her stride rite, nikes and eventually see kai runs and pedoodles. ;)

tylersmama
10-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I go back and forth on Robeez. I had this pair in 0-6 for DS and LOVED them: http://www.robeez.com/product.aspx?ProductID=47&deptid=226

My mom bought him a different pair that I didn't like nearly as much for xmas.

The little girl designs are SO much cuter than the boy designs. I've been trying to find a 12-18 month size pair for DS in a design I like without ordering online and have been finding it impossible. I kind of want to try some Pedipeds but since DS still isn't walking, I REALLY like the super thin sole of the Robeez, at least until he is walking well.

lizajane
10-05-2007, 06:36 AM
hee hee.

i thought so until i put them on his feet. and then they were cute cute! also, try something with animals or trucks or something. they are so much cuter when embellished. you can exchange the ones she got you.

kerrief
10-05-2007, 10:18 AM
I also thought WHY...until I got Jack and Lily shoes which were really cute on and kept the socks on-she wore them the first year.

Kerrie

pastrygirl
10-05-2007, 04:25 PM
I loved them at first, but then I "upgraded" to Pedipeds. I'm going to start with Pedipeds next time around! I don't like Robeez at all anymore.

Cristina
mom to Toby, 6/10/06

kijip
10-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Nothing stayed on better (or kept socks from getting lost better!) that Robeez. The velcro style shoes would come off in a FLASH with Toby. So I tend to agree the main point for us was function. I find them pretty cute but I can see how they would not be everyone's cup of tea.