PDA

View Full Version : Gymbucks return policy - RANT!

Momof3Labs
10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I am ready to boycott Gymboree!! I don't read or post on this board often, so forgive me if this is an old rant for many of you.

I used my Gymbucks (3 of them) on Saturday, but despite the size chart, my DS1 didn't fit the 7 slims, so I went back today to return them. Of course, they didn't have the next size down, so she said that my only option was to return them for their post-Gymbuck price. Apparently when you use Gymbucks, you can only exchange for the exact same item in a different size (or return for the post-Gymbuck price). So really, unless you only buy from the newest lines, you don't have much hope if you need to return something!

I took the return and figured it was better to have $16 in my pocket than $16 in two pairs of pants that didn't fit my kiddo.

GRRRR!

ilovetivo
10-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Lori - That stinkc!

IIRC i returned gymbucks stuff for other items or credit card back at the Northbrook store. But it was a year ago, so i dont' know if i'm remembering correctly.

ColorBlue
10-08-2007, 09:57 PM
The only other thing you could have done is to "lose" your receipt. Then you would get back the full price of the item and you could turn around and get something else. This is the loophole, and I'm not sure its totally ethical but....its something to consider.

Tracy

funda62
10-09-2007, 08:17 AM
They should have offered to order them for you from over the phone. You might go back and ask at least?

luv_my_girl
10-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Gymbo is so tight with this policy. Once you buy something with Gymbucks, you are basically stuck with it unless you can exchange right away. The nicer SAs will allow you to exchange it for something of equal value, but they are not really supposed to do that.

If you really don't want it, I'd try to exchange it without a receipt.

I've given up on Gymbucks!!!

xmasbabycomin
10-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I have no ethical dilemma re. "losing" my Gymbo receipts. (of course, it's not always a lie...I often lose receipts). They know people are playing their little Gymbo game. There are many loopholes that they've closed (no more two online coupon codes, etc), and they will find a way to close more if they want to. OK, I'll play. Game on, Gymbo.