PDA

View Full Version : Where to find decent kids sunglasses now?

ilovetivo
10-08-2007, 06:45 PM
One Step Ahead just sold out. The Children's Place has a couple online, but in 2-4 size and average uva/uvb protection. My local Carters and Gymboree is out. Old Navy and Gymboree online is out too.

TIA!

mommymy
10-09-2007, 01:23 AM
I saw a whole box full at "Tueday Morning" if you have one near by. And they were on clearance! Good Luck.

ilovetivo
10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
OOooohhh, I'll go today! Thx!

rgors
10-09-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm about to buy Julbo's online at amazon. They're $24.99 which is the cheapest I've seen them once you factor in shipping (I'll add a small item to bring my cart over $25 for free ship).

Julbo's has consistently the best reviews that I have seen for baby sunglasses. And the colors are fun. :) Baby Banz are cheaper and also get good reviews but babies with long eyelashes can have problems (squished up against the lens) so I opted for Julbos.

For the time being, I've picked up a $4 pair of baby sunglasses at Target in person, made by Carters. I saw in another thread here that they are 100% UVA/UVB. These fit DD well now but she has a tiny head (16"). After wearing them for half an hour, she does have slight red marks above the ears. But she doesn't complain. I don't want to use these permanently though as I don't want her to "poke her eye out" literally, with the hard plastic frame.

mom2binsd
10-10-2007, 01:30 AM
I saw a ton of kids sunglasses at our CVS drugstore.

ilovetivo
10-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks! I'll try Target and CVS. Tuesday Morn didn't have any kids.

If those fail, I'll get the Julbo. Do they come w/o straps?

rgors
10-10-2007, 09:26 PM
I believe Julbo infant glasses only have the strap.

haraldsworth
10-10-2007, 11:55 PM
The strap is removable. I have a pair of Julbo for ds and I love them. As hard as he tries he cannot break them.