PDA

View Full Version : Baby needs some shoes...

4luvs4us
10-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here... been lurking for awhile and "know" some of you from other boards but this is my first post.

Anyways, my DD Claudia is 9.5 months and starting to walk. Poor baby is slidding all over the hardwoods in her Pedipeds, which I want to cry about since I just bought 3 pairs! Robeez seem a bit better but still not great. My son walked very late and has lots of muscular problems so I didn't have to worry about walking shoes so young with him.

I was thinking about See Kai Run but just read in another post that they don't seem to hold up too well. Should I just go to Nordy's or Stride Rite?

What your favorite for the tiny new walker and where can I get a good deal?

Thanks so much!
Laura

Jenny_A
10-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey Laura! Welcome to the boards :-)! I don't think you can go wrong with Stride Rites. I would go to Nordys because they have a better return policy.

Jenny

lenad
10-09-2007, 01:53 AM
How about Hanna mocs for the house?

shoppinggal
10-09-2007, 06:59 AM
My son was an early cruiser/walker and he did well in Preschoolians. Stride Rite wasn't flexible enough at that point b/c he was so young. You can get them cheaper on ebay.

brittone2
10-09-2007, 05:26 PM
nak-
technically she doesn't need shoes at all at home, other than to keep her toes warm if it is really cold where you live. Save the shoes for when she's out and about if she's having a tough time in them at home. FWIW, I worked as a physical therapist for early intervention (pediatrics) before DS was born. Both of my kids were/are primarily barefoot at home.

billeri
10-11-2007, 09:45 AM
I totally agree with the last post about not needing shoes while in the house. Until little ones start to venture outside, you really don't need them. But, for outdoor activities, I highly recommend Puddle Jumper Shoes. They have a soft, flexible rubber sole with velcro closures. My dd absolutely adores them! I continue to order larger sizes of the same shoes as my daughter grows. I must have owned at least 20 pairs by now. And they hold up beautifully!