PDA

View Full Version : When will Talbots Kids have a winter sale?

jess_g
10-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I just got their holiday catalog and they have their pull on cords in chochalate brown (my sons favorite color!). Does anyone know when Talbots Kids usualy has their winter markdowns? I am sure its not for a while but I just want to get an idea of when it will be.

Thanks,

Jessica.

lizajane
10-10-2007, 05:52 PM
i can find out. my friend works there.

hootchtopher
10-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Last year it occurred sometime after Christmas. My husband has an aunt who is much more formal than we are, and never had children. She sent several outfits that just would not fit in our jeans and teeshirts kind of life. Even though they were adorable we just don't go that many places that we need more than one dressy outfit. By the time I got around to exchanging everything late in January the sale had started. I got my son's entire wardrobe for this year. Prices were great. Though January might be a little late for clothes for this year. And not everything was on sale. The flannel lined pull on pants that I loved were not. But since I saved so much, I still bought another pair.

Karen

rds97
10-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Winter sale always starts the day after Christmas. (Same thing for ladies Talbots.) First markdown is 33-50% off if I remember correctly. About 2-3 weeks later they'll have further markdowns, 50-60 (I think?) and then later on another 25% off that. I usually hold out until the end. :)

HTH!
Rebecca

August Mom
10-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes. Officially it starts the day after Christmas. However, you can buy up to 14 days before that and get a price adjustment to the first markdown price (14 day PA policy). PAs are only from full price to 1st markdown, not from one markdown to another. Usually there are a lot of cords left into the final markdown at my local store.