PDA

View Full Version : Ebay question: Custom 3rd Birthday Overalls

WooChx
10-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Has anyone else purchased custom clothes on ebay before? There are some cute overalls I have my eye on, but I'm not sure what the quality is like. Have you had good or bad experiences with this?

hardysmom
10-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I've had both EXCELLENT and awful experiences. Look at feedback carefully. A few of my favorite things have been custom items on ebay.

Ask if seams are serged, if not the whole thing may be amaturish and prone to threads. If you are OK with that (given that it moay not be worn much) no biggie. I bought several things for Disneyworld which weren't serged, which was fine since we weren't going to wear them a ton. They were still well made. Another time I bought an incredibly cute dress which basically fell apart in my hands.

Ask for measurements of sizes. A lot of people who make clothes base sizes on their own kids, or don't have kids and guess. My neighbor makes BEAUTIFUL dresses which are WAY WAY WAY long because her kids are giants.

Have fun with it!

Stephanie

DDowning
10-13-2007, 11:36 AM
A lot of people take basic pre-existing overalls (like ON, Guess, etc.) and then modify them with fabrics, etc. One way you can found out on sizing is to ask what brand the overalls are made and then you can get an ideal that way if the sizing will work for your child.

jjjo1112
11-10-2007, 12:05 AM
I agree, I have had both good and bad custom experience on ebay. Now I really go through all the feedback and ask for close up pics of some of their completed work, especially of the stitching. Jackie