PDA

View Full Version : Another Hanna question...

AbbysMom
10-12-2007, 12:05 PM
This will be my first time buying anything Hanna but I'm definitely buying some sale items and had a question:

I was planning to buy my 8 month old (who's in 12-18 month clothes now and probably 18-24 by Christmas) a coat from LL Bean. I was thinking the parka with the fleece lining. But then I saw the fleece coats from hanna (the "Best Ever Baby Jacket") and they look adorable! This is for her full-time winter coat in new England so I do want something warm and nice. Anyone have any advise?

mominmarch
10-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi Alison, I don't know anything about the coats from Hanna so I am sure others will pitch in. But we got Sadie a coat from Campmor that I am really really happy with, here's a link:
Shortcut to: http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39304438&memberId=12500226&storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226&langId=-1

If that doesn't bring it up, just go to campmor.com and search "infant fleece" and it is the "infant flower microfleece jacket" in pink. I got Sadie the 18 month size because she is really tall for her size, and I didn't want it to ride up. I was STUNNED at how thick it was - probably will be too warm for most days for us in Virginia, but you might want to take a look at it for its price. It is really thick, I can't stress that enough, and so soft and cute. We put her in it this morning when it was 42 degrees outside and she looked really cute, and I think she was quite toasty.

I did some damage on my credit card on Hanna's stuff this morning though just the same :)

Jill

mominmarch
10-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi Alison, I don't know anything about the coats from Hanna so I am sure others will pitch in. But we got Sadie a coat from Campmor that I am really really happy with, here's a link:
Shortcut to: http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39304438&memberId=12500226&storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226&langId=-1

If that doesn't bring it up, just go to campmor.com and search "infant fleece" and it is the "infant flower microfleece jacket" in pink. I got Sadie the 18 month size because she is really tall for her size, and I didn't want it to ride up. I was STUNNED at how thick it was - probably will be too warm for most days for us in Virginia, but you might want to take a look at it for its price. It is really thick, I can't stress that enough, and so soft and cute. We put her in it this morning when it was 42 degrees outside and she looked really cute, and I think she was quite toasty.

I did some damage on my credit card on Hanna's stuff this morning though just the same :)

Jill

MommytoEliana
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
The fleece jackets are adorable, but they wouldn't be warm enough for a New England winter, IMO. My 7-month-old is wearing his size 70 fleece jacket right now for our 40-50 degree weather and it is working well. It'll probably be okay for the upper 30s if we're just going in and out of the car and if he has a warm enough layer underneath, but I wouldn't bring him out for prolonged stroller rides with just that. I did get the fleece bunting for him for the rest of the winter, and I think with warm layers underneath that will be enough. We live in MN.

Good luck!

Cheri

ETA: I would go ahead and get one of the fleece jackets, though. You'd definitely use it for fall and spring! :-)

npace19147
10-13-2007, 08:01 AM
The LLBean coats are great, hold up really well and grow with your child. I don't know about HA snow coats, but the fleeces are definitely not enough for a NE winter - we're in PA and it's not warm enough for here!

Great for fall and spring, though.