PDA

View Full Version : Janie and Jack sizing

haraldsworth
10-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Sorry if this is a double post. I thought that I posted last night, but now I don't see it.

I am going to purchase a few things from Janie and Jack online (we don't have any stores in MN) and I haven't bought anything from them before. I was wondering how their sizing runs.

TIA!

tiapam
10-14-2007, 03:31 PM
IME, they run big. DD was small for her age but they would still run big for an average kid.

-Pam

DD - 3 YO

ett
10-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I only have DS's but in my opinion they run true to size or slightly small. For tops, they seem to run a size smaller than Gymboree. For bottoms, I think both brands are similar. DS is wearing size 4 Gymboree tops and size 5 Janie and Jack tops.

Again, this is just for the boys stuff.

egoldber
10-14-2007, 04:01 PM
IME it depends on the item. In some things my youngest DD is still wearing 3-6 month (mainly dresses) but in other things, like rompers and onesies, she wears 6-12 or even 12-18.

MamaMolly
10-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I think J & J sizing is a little bit of a crapshoot. I find the dresses are pretty true to size for DD when she was younger and was at the 25% for height and 50% for weight. The things with feet were tight and WAY too long and DD didn't get to wear them which is sad b/c they are soooooo cute.

Now that she is a year plus and at 25% on both height and weight, she is still wearing her 6-12 months overalls and onesies just fine.
One thing I love about J & J is how beautifully it washes. DD is rough on her clothes and she's been wearing one outfit off and on since April and it still looks great, and we got it used!

So JIMHO, the footie things are for tall skinny babies, not butterballs like mine! :-)
HTH and happy shopping!
Molly

Happy 2B mommy
10-16-2007, 10:23 AM
ITA with pp that says J&J can be all over the place and some items are NOT for butterballs. I just had to return a dress that was perfect in length, but not width. Kind of hit or miss for us, when an outfit fits, it's great and DD seems to wear it forever.

sand82552
10-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Definitely J&J sizing is all over the place, but generally I have always bought in DD's size since she was about 6 months, she is 2.5 right now (50th percentile), and I am buying size 3, although in dresses I buy 2, because I like them short. This past summer she was still wearing the layette dresses in 12-18 months, which always seem to run bigger, as well as rompers.