PDA

View Full Version : warm winter PJ's

bunyvet
10-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi there,
I am trying to find 9 month DS some really warm snuggly one piece footy jammies for winter. It gets chilly in the house and he is too young for a blanket. He HATEs the Halo sack-- he moves around too much for it and gets frustrated. I do have on a onesie under his Pj's but legs are cold in the morning and sometimes he feels cold on his back or belly in the morning.
Suggestions for good, high quality PJ's that will keep him toasty?
Thanks,
Andrea Golombek

kcandz
10-15-2007, 12:16 AM
When DC was young I did double footed jammies - first jammie was cotton, and I would get a bigger size in fleece and put that over. DC was in diapers anyway so it did the trick. For cotton I liked Gap and Old Navy best for softness and wear. For fleece I wasn't a huge fan of BabyGap/Old Navy, I went with Lands End bunny sleepers and LL Bean.

citymama
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Babygap fleece and cotton PJs are our favorites - a onesie inside and PJ outside. I put a light blanket over my 19 month old although she kicks it off at night. I liked Carters fleece PJs when she was younger. I've also heard good things about TCP fleece PJs but never bought them.

Some parents here have their kids in a fitted cotton sleeper (the Gap cotton footies are great) with a baggier fleece blanket sleeper over it. That should be plenty warm. I tried it once but my DD wouldn't let me put the blanket sleeper on over the cotton footies! I ended up putting a warm sweater over the cotton PJs and that seemed to work fine. Good luck!

cmorgen
10-15-2007, 12:45 PM
IMO Carters are the best, followed by TCP if you want PJ's with feet.

mominmarch
10-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I am really happy with TCP (The Children's Place), with a few caveats. First, our DD is 9 months old and at her 8 month appt, she was 95%+ for height (27.5 inches tall) and 66% for weight (almost 16.5 lbs). The 12 month TCP fitted pj's (not fleece, but cotton) are almost too small for her. They are a little bit too long (but not really) and they are really snug on her, I will clearly need to get a bigger size soon. They are cheap and not the softest in the world, but for the price and the fact that I pretty much put them through the wash after every wear b/c I usually feed her breakfast in them so she gets food all over them, they are good for us.

We also got the TCP fleece ones and they run a bit bigger. These are too hot for us (the coldest our house has gotten so far even has been 72 degrees and she woke up too hot the night I put her in them, I ended up chaning her back to the others halfway through the night b/c her hair was all sweaty). My original plan was to use cotton jammies and then a fleece over them when we started keeping the house at 68 during the winter, but I am truly not sure if she would be too hot.

Carter's has always run too small for us, she outgrew the 9 month size that I got at Costco a few months ago. I have ordere a HA pj set the other day which I know will be so much softer, but I can't justify the price for too many of those (I seem to easily justify that for her clothes though!!).

Good luck!

hardysmom
10-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I always liked the LL Bean fleece footed PJs.

Stephanie

daniele_ut
10-15-2007, 02:07 PM
We always bought the Carter's one piece fleece sleepers at Costco for the winter. They were less than $7 each and held up extremely well. The didn't pill at all and stayed nice and soft.

We're looking for some inexpensive 2 piece fleece jammies right now, but I don't like the Carter's version. I want just fleece, not fleece and the weird polyester material they use on their bottoms.

bluestar2
10-15-2007, 03:26 PM
dp

bluestar2
10-15-2007, 03:27 PM
We loved the LL Bean fleece sleepers as well!

bleujeans
10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
My favorites from last year were the fleece ones from Old Navy and TCP. They didn't pill after being washed several times and still look nice ~ especially compared to the Carters (IMHO).

HTH

Kindra178
10-16-2007, 08:42 AM
LL Bean is having free shipping right now, so I just stocked up. I bought some Carters from Costco the other day and ran into a couple of problems. We need 2t and they only had 3t. So I bought them anyway. They are big but generally fine. What's annoying is that there is no tab over the zipper. Is that because of the size?

sand82552
10-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I am buying carters in a 4T for my 2 year old...lol, they seem to be pretty good for us, but I also might check into the LLBean ones.

I think the no tab over the zipper is the size thing.

DrSally
10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
I do a cotton pj--either one piece or two piece with cotton ankle socks, and then a fleece carter's onepiece footed pj over that during the coldest parts of winter.

ETA: I noticed our 2T carter's don't have tabs over the zippers too, which I was annoyed with, but it hasn't been a problem. We keep our house at 68 degrees at night during the winter and it hasn't been too hot for DS. The cotton pj's we use are really think though--2 piece carters, almost like long johns. I put the pants under jeans in the winter too.

kotzally
10-16-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't have many ideas for you except sometimes I would put ds on a longer blanket and have it come up over him, that way he couldn't get the blanket out from under him.

Also I make custom pj pants and pillowcases, they are flannel and may not be what you are looking for at nights, but they are adorable!

jerzeygirl
10-16-2007, 08:08 PM
I've always found TCP sleepers to be the best in terms of staying soft after many washes. Sometimes the Carters ones turn downright scratchy.

I got a few blanket sleepers from an OshKosh store a few years ago, and they were great. Super thick, and they ran a little big so there was room to grow. I don't know if they still make them because there aren't many oshkosh stores anymore.

After reading this, i was thinking of trying LL Bean, but at $25/pop, i'll stick with TCP.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
10-16-2007, 08:36 PM
We live in a warm weather climate but we keep the ac cranked up at night. We have been using Hanna Andersson zippers layered with blanket sleepers (we use Children's Place, but any blanket sleepers would do). DD is warm throughout the night. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you!

noahsmommy
10-16-2007, 10:20 PM
I too, vouch for LLBean's fleece PJs. They are truly thick quality fleece and hold up very well with washings. In fact, DD is wearing her older brother's PJs' right now. If price is any issue, the Carter's fleeces are good, but LLBean is much better quality/$$ value in the long term, IMO. If you're looking for cotton sleepers, the Gap makes nice, soft ones that also have lined zippers, as so does Gymboree.