PDA

View Full Version : Please help--very confused about the Hanna Expedition Jacket

aidansmommy
10-15-2007, 08:11 PM
I need for someone to tell me about the Hanna Expedition Jacket. I need to buy a new winter coat for ds who is almost 4. We live in NJ so it gets cold in winter (usually in the 30's) but not generally bitterly cold. I want something warm enough for playing outside but not too puffy for car seats. We've had the LLBean Parka which I liked but I like the colors on the Expedition jacket and it's a pretty good deal with the 20% off.

Now I spoke to 2 different reps at Hanna today who told me it's a nice jacket for fall/early winter but it's pretty thin and wouldn't be enough to get us through the entire winter. Even though the catalogue shows a boy wearing this coat in the snowy mountains with snow pants, hat, and gloves. I posted this question on Gymborebel and one mom there said the coat was perfect for her son last winter in D.C. and I think our winters are pretty similar.

So does anybody have this coat or maybe have seen it IRL and can you tell me is this a lightweight jacket or will this work for winter?
I'm so confused!
Heidi
Mommy to Aidan 11/03 and Amelia 12/06

jacksmomtobe
10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
I bought this jacket for my son then returned it for the "down" type jacket. The Sales Rep sort of made an offhand comment that for some reason this year they didn't use thinsulate in the coat and thus it wasn't as warm a coat. After I went home I began to wonder if it would be warm enough or not then decided to return it. The past 2 winters I had their 4 in 1 Jacket for my son which appears very similiar to this jacket except the lining zipped out to be it's own fleece jacket. I'm not sure if that contained thinsulate and I've since sold both jackets but it was pretty close to the same weight as the Expedition jacket and it was my son's winter coat in New England. Maybe if you call them and see if you can find out if the 4 in 1 jacket had thinsulate in it or not. If it did not then you will definitely be fine. I also got a similiar jacket for my daughter from a previous year so I'll check that one tomorrow to see if that has thinsulate or not since that may make a big difference. Hope this helps a bit and doesn't confuse you more!