PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Warmest Down Jacket...How big and puffy is it?

aidansmommy
10-16-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm trying to find the right winter jacket for and although we've had very good luck with the LL Bean Katadhin parka over the past 2 years I was hoping to find one from Hanna this year for something different and I think the colors for boys are a little more fun.

Anyway, it appears the Expedition Jacket is made a little thinner now and the customer service reps at Hanna are telling me it really isn't warm enough for a winter jacket (I was told it's good for fall/spring).

So now I'm wondering about their Warmest Down Jacket. Is it really big, bulky, puffy? We're in NJ so it does get cold (mostly 30's) in the winter but we're not looking for a ski jacket or anything for bitterly cold weather. Do you think this will work for us or will it be too much?
Thanks!

Heidi
Mommy to Aidan 11/03 and Amelia 12/06

R2sweetboys
10-17-2007, 08:19 AM
I actually just put my 7YO in a Warmest Down jacket this morning for the first time! We have the one from last season($20 at the outlet last year!!!) but I would assume it is the same. I don't think it's big and bulky at all compared to others I've seen. I'm generally not a big fan of puffy down jackets but I do like this one. We do have an L.L.Bean parka as well for snow days(it's a bit longer), but the down jacket does seem quite warm.

Also, they are definitely correct about the Expedition jacket being a fall/spring type. I got these for the boys last year because I love the colors but we had to get warmer coats for winter. I hope this helps! :)

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

hardysmom
10-17-2007, 04:58 PM
We also have them from last year's $20 sale... for that price, they are wonderful.

I wish the hood was detachable... when it is snowing/rainy my DS tends to have on a different hat and the coat's hood fills up w/ snow.

They aren't super poofy or light like some coats.

Stephanie

shishamo
10-19-2007, 04:25 PM
We have one from last year's sale as well. It's not super bulky, it's actually a good everyday winter jacket, I think. Sizewise, last year's down jacket ran a bit small IMO compared to the high gear jacket our size 120 down was about the same size as the 110 high gear jacket.