PDA

View Full Version : Babylegs for PTing?

downwarddog
10-16-2007, 08:08 PM
OK, I admit I didn't understand the appeal of BabyLegs (those baby leg warmers). However, my 3 y.o. is starting to PT again & now that it's cold, she of course wants to only wear dresses.

So, I'm wondering if BabyLegs might be a good way to keep her warm while providing easy access to the potty (in lieu of tights)? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

~Lenore

sand82552
10-16-2007, 10:46 PM
LOL, I could never understand Babylegs either, but they might work for PTing, I had never thought of that. ETA - I guess it would depend on your climate though, if you could wear them out and about.

MNmomtobe
10-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I think that would be a great use for Babylegs. I never understood it either (though DD has 3 pairs). I am planning on putting them on under her dresses though I think she may be cold between the diaper and the babylegs. I considered getting some bicycle pants (like the Hanna ones) for her to wear to cover the gapiosis in that area BUT then doesn't that defeat the purpose of the babylegs??? LOL!

I know many people put them under pants for extra warmth in the winter.

tiapam
10-16-2007, 10:56 PM
We are in the same boat - PTing, wants to wear skirts and dresses and cold weather coming. We have a couple pairs of BLs. I am thinking about getting a couple more. She likes her legwarmers, so either way she will wear them. They won't always keep her warm enough so I will have to put my foot down sometimes. Tights are a pain, PTing or not. Of course, I did just buy her a pair, the first in months (or maybe years). I had been using BLs with socks in lieu of tights. Of course, she was mostly wearing pants then, so this was not that often.

-Pam

DD - 3 YO

Melanie
10-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Seems like a good idea!

We use them for a layer under pants, mostly, then they're easy to take off later as it warms up, or for diaper changes.

lenad
10-17-2007, 08:46 AM
I am in your shoes. I have just started PTing my 3yr dd again. And at home we are doing t-shirt/panties/babylegs. (At the moment she is in a camisole, adamantly refusing to wear either t-shirt or babylegs...) I loved babylegs for under the pants when she was little, and even under a dress when it's not too cold. They are just so much easier than tights. And they are easier than leggings, too. So if the temp is ok, I'd say babylegs are the way to go.

downwarddog
10-17-2007, 10:17 AM
EXCELLENT! Thanks for your input!

I'd use them at home, mostly, and our house is toasty due to the woodstove (we're in NH). When we go out, we'll just have to use tights:-)

THANKS!
~Lenore

lenad
10-17-2007, 10:22 AM
I find leggings easier to put on/take off and warmer than tights. Just in case they work for your dd's wardrobe.