PDA

View Full Version : A Better Bib v. Silly Billyz?

pastrygirl
10-17-2007, 09:17 AM
I really like the Silly Billyz bibs that I have, but my husband doesn't like the plastic-y long sleeves, so I'm looking into ABB. (I have Bumkins, too, and don't like them at all.)

Any experience with either brand? Is there another cloth long-sleeved brand that I should check out? I'd love one with a pocket, or with a huge lap portion, because my son likes to hide food on/under his thighs!

Cristina
mom to Toby, 6/10/06

pastrygirl
10-31-2007, 07:48 AM
Well, I gave Bumkins another try and really like them this time around! I had been using the (small) Bumkins pocket bibs, which don't cover much on my big boy. But the junior bibs and long-sleeved bibs cover EVERYTHING! Yay for clean meals!

Cristina
mom to Toby, 6/10/06

nupe
10-31-2007, 06:03 PM
I love ABB--esp the designs, they are so fun. We bought three in the small size and two in the large size, and even in regular rotation they are in excellent shape and ready for DS2. The body is terry which is nice and absorbs well. DS1 was always on the small side so I don't think his experience with thigh coverage will be relevent.

I never tried any other long sleeved bib.

PS I have given ABBs w/names embroidered as baby gifts and they have been hits.

supercalifragilous
11-01-2007, 12:39 PM
We have ABB - I don't know how much your DS soaks the sleeves, but they are just regular, thin printed cotton and DD has soaked through them to her long-sleeved shirt sleeves. Isn't Silly Billyz fleece? That would be more stain+wet resistant.

I will say that the body of ABB is made with really thick terry. NOTHING is getting through that sucker unless you hose him down. I like the soft t-shirt ribbing around the sleeves and neck of ABB, instead of just rolled elastic like some other brands.

I think getting ABB on sale is definitely worth the price.