PDA

View Full Version : Need shoe advice

KrystalS
10-20-2007, 04:45 PM
DD really needs a pair of shoes that she can just slip on by herself that dont require socks. She has some ballet type shoes and some tennis shoes but I don't really want her to play in the ballet shoes because I bought them for dresses and she can't wear her tennis shoes without socks. I'm sure most people will suggest crocs but she doesn't really like them. We tried them about a year ago, I've thought about trying again. Do most kids do better with them when they're older? We're in Oklahoma so its still fairly warm here. She had sandals but she grew out of them and most stores aren't selling sandals anymore.

trumansmom
10-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Yup. I was going to suggest Crocs. ;) Have you seen the Crocs "Alice"? They look more like shoes, but are still very soft and pliable.

Merrells are pretty easy to get on and off, but I'm not sure if I would try them without socks.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

KrystalS
10-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks for suggesting the Alice, I had never seen those. One reason the Crocs didn't work for my DD is that she has narrow feet. It says the Alice is slim fitting so I'm going to try those!

KrystalS
10-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Is Crocs.com the only place I can get the alice style in brown? DD needs a 10/11. I hate to pay shipping.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
10-20-2007, 10:31 PM
You can probably get them other places but crocs.com has a free shipping code. FALL2007 (I found it in the bargains section!) Also, the mammoth crocs work great too. It's still really warm here but DD loves them and they are the only pair she can put on herself so she always wants to wear them. They fit snug because of the lining.

ETA: I saw them at shoebuy.com and they often has $10 off coupons. Check the bargains forum!