PDA

View Full Version : Help picture outfits???

boyzmom
10-25-2007, 05:53 AM
I have 2 DS. THey will be 3 and 1 in November. DS1 has pics at school on wed and I am looking for Ideas for shirts/outfits for him and his brother. I don't want them to be exactly matching but something that goes. I just think they will blend in too much. THey both can be in the pic so I figured it would be a great time to get a kid pic done. THanks

Sara

lizajane
10-26-2007, 04:26 PM
my guys wore:
DS1 (age 4) royal blue cord pants with lt blue elephant appliqued (royal stitching) t-neck
DS2 (age 2) royal blue longall with appliqued train in green and lt blue

royal blue is DS2's best color and white is one of DS1's best colors. so the royal longall flattered DS2 and the white t-neck flattered DS1. the royal was GREAT in the pics, very bright and happy and grabbed your eye, while still directing your eye to the KIDS.

i would recommend one piece for your 1 year old in the same color as your 3 year old's pants. and same color shirts under one piece and on 4 year old. if you are not a longall kinda gal, you could do a romper or overall on little guy and pants on big guy.

can't recommend stores without knowing your taste and budget. but that is the concept i like.

boyzmom
10-28-2007, 06:05 PM
thanks for the info. I am looking for something not too expensive but if I have to I will spend more and use the outfits for some of the many holiday gatherings we will be attending in the next 2.5 months. They did get a few cute things for their bdays I will have to look more closely to see if I can use anything.

Melanie
10-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Are they mostly from the belly or chest and up; or full-length? If it's mostly a head shot I'd go to Target and get two different colors of polo shirts that look nice together. If full-length then you could pair them with cargos (maybe one in brown and one in tan?) or something like that. It'd be cute if they had the same fun shoes on like canvas tennis shoes or converse.

I think simple and plain is better so the focus is on your boys and not their clothes.

That'd be a quick (since you need it by Wednesday! Halloween is school picture day?!) and inexpensive.

ilfaith
10-29-2007, 01:47 PM
When I've done formal pictures of my boys (born 6/04 and 8/06) they have worn jeans or chinos and matching polo or tee shirts, or they have worn coordinating outfits from Gymboree (same collection, but different pieces).

boyzmom
10-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Thans I am going to run out to Childrens place tomorrow and get them cargos and check out the tops. Ds2 has a pretty yucky cold so I might not get the best pic this time. Thanks for all of your help

lizajane
10-29-2007, 08:24 PM
i made the outfits, so they were actually free. well, except for the fabric at wholesale cost. the shirts were last year's leftovers that still fit. ;)