PDA

View Full Version : Size up or size down on Anavini Bishop?

brittone2
10-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I just won an ebay auction for a smocked Anavini dress for DD over the holidays.

It looks like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-ANAVINI-'07-SMOCKED-CHRISTMAS-SNOWFLAKE-DRESS-2T-2_W0QQitemZ110184523085QQcmdZViewItem
but in an 18 mo size.

She's wearing 12 or 18 month clothes. She's average sized (between 50th and 75th percentiles mostly). She's 10 months and weighs 19-20lbs. The dress is for holiday photos, etc. I forget her length...28 inches maybe? Again, pretty average.

I went w/ the 18m size on the bishop, but now I'm reading mixed reviews, some saying they run really long (I realize they are hemmed to allow length to be let out). I'm afraid it is going to be *too* long.

Any suggestions? I'm new to the world of bishops, and therefore am totally clueless :)

karin4
10-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I've bought DD several bishops, but never from Anavini, so I can't speak to how they typically run. But I'd just email the seller, and ask her to measure the length of the dress-- that should give you some idea whether it'll be too long. Also, you might be seeing comments that they run long just because bishops are usually worn longer than other dress styles. If it turns out to be too long (or too short) when you get it, having the hem adjusted is really easy and inexpensive.

Hope it works out for you! I think bishops are really adorable on little girls.

lizajane
10-29-2007, 08:21 PM
boys anavini runs TINY!!!!!!!!!!

bishops are meant to be worn long, to the ankle. so they end up lasting a long time because you can 1) let out the hem and 2) wear them a little shorter than they were intended to be worn. the top is so loose, they last through more than one or two sizes.

i would go with the 18m. you can always hem it. but it will look best long.

brittone2
10-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Cool. Thanks so much...crossing my fingers it fits her. I fell in love w/ this dress and am so happy that I won it :) Now I just have to make sure it will work for her!