PDA

View Full Version : Ripped Robeez sole after 1 month?

boolady
10-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Has anyone had this happen? DD has been wearing a new pair of Robeez for about 1 month...yesterday, when I was getting her undressed for her bath, I noticed a huge rip in the suede bottom of one of her shoes. I was shocked...she's not walking on her own yet, so isn't outside on sidewalks or other rough surfaces. She's really just inside at home and at daycare and on the soft-surface playground at daycare. Other than that, the only thing I can think of was that she was on my parents' older hardwood floors on Sunday...maybe they have a nail pop somewhere and I didn't realize that it happened?

Needless to say, I'm not too happy at $27 that they're now unwearable. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I'm off to email Robeez and hopefully get a good customer service response!

MommyAllison
10-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Ouch, that is a bummer. It hasn't happened to us, even though DD is definitely not gentle on her Robeez. We've also had several hand-me-down pairs that DD wore in the river (on rocks), etc, and never had a problem. Hope they make it right for you!

Edited for clarity and spelling

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

Canna
10-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Nope...we've owned a lot of Robeez and put some fairly hard wear on them. DD is 2.5 years-old right now and while she doesn't wear her Robeez every day, she does wear them outside on pavement and frequently when we're running indoor errands or visiting people. Never had any holes.

AngelaS
10-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Send them a picture and tell them what happened. They replaced a pair of mine that the toe ripped out. :)

boolady
10-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks...I was set to email them. The picture idea is great.