PDA

View Full Version : Loving Boden Ld Skate Pants for Potty Training, sizing ?,any other recommendations

jacksmomtobe
11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Mini Boden's Lined Skate Pants are wonderful for the potty training boy. They have a velcro closure instead of the button and then a toggle on the zipper so not only can ds close the top of his pants he can also pull up the zipper! I'm probably going to stock up but was wondering if any other brands make pants as cool as these? Also wondering about the pants sizing...do most boys go from 3/4 to 4/5 or do many skip up to 5/6?? I'm thinking of picking some up on Ebay and also thinking ahead.

Thanks!

smkinc
11-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Well,

I love these too! If your son fits well in a 3/4 I wouldn't size up to a 5/6 directly. I got the 4/5's for DS last year, since I thought they were lined, I could just roll them up a bit. He's on the thin side, and they were much too loose, and they didn't stay rolled-up as well as I thought they would. They worked okay, but now they fit perfectly, and I know he'll be able to wear for at least another year at which point we'll probably need new pants anyways. The thing with boys too is that not much goes out of style, so you could always get both sizes and just save the 5/6's for later if they don't work now.

I think last year around thanksgiving they had a 20% off with free shipping offer, so you could wait for that to stock up. I think the end of season sale is sometime in Dec. as well.

HTH,
Mary
Mom to J.

jacksmomtobe
11-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks for your feedback. I wasn't sure if most boys wore the 4/5 size or some went directly to 5/6. I just picked up some more 3/4s in their buy 3 get the 4th item for a $1 promo. I was eyeing a 4/5 pair on Ebay but didn't win those. I'm definitely going to stock up during the season end sale if these pants are available so I was trying to think ahead of what size would work after ds outgrows the 3/4s.

Thanks again!