PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 2nd hand Breast Pumps

Grace
08-30-2000, 10:03 AM
I would really like to purchase the Medela Pump-in-Style but the price is too high ($249.99) I rented one and want to buy it. Anyone have ideas where I could pick up a used one? I check the newspapers every week. I've read some posts that some have bought one on ebay, I'll check it out.

Thanks!
Grace

dskelly
09-03-2000, 08:43 AM
Hi Grace,
I would definetly try ebay
www.ebay.com
They have a variety of breast pumps up for auction,
its also a great place to buy baby stuff in general.

sarsah
09-07-2000, 10:02 PM
Check out eBay. There are several dealers who sell new pumps for a great price (dutch auctions). I got an Ameda Purely Yours (similar to the Medela Pump-in-style) for a fraction of retail.

Sarah

gpaik
09-27-2000, 12:30 AM
You can buy a new 2000 medela instyle breast pump for $185.00. If you are interested, email me at [email protected], I know of a person who sells it for that price from a dealer. I am about to purchase one myself as well.

grace

nicole
11-09-2000, 07:49 PM
Just a note of caution on buying a 2nd hand Breast Pump. In our breastfeeding class we were told NEVER to buy a used one because Hepatitis C can be passed that way. There is not a risk with the hospital grade pumps as the motor is completely sealed. But apparently even with new hoses on a high end pump such as "Pump In Syle", milk can get into the motor.

Andra
01-17-2001, 02:06 PM
Grace,

If you are still interested in purchasing a second-hand Medela pump-in style breastpump, I have one that was only used twice!! I would sell it to you for $100. It is in perfect condition.

Andra Roitman

mlakhani
01-26-2001, 01:22 AM
Please email me if you are still interested in selling . (I tried to email you, but I'm not sure if I got it right! :)

My email is [email protected]

Thank you,

Mitesh Lakhani

rl42382
02-25-2008, 12:17 AM
my insurence covered 80% of the coast for daughter #2 and i paidunder 200 for my first one on ebay brand new from a lactation consultant it is worth the money it is alot cheaper than formula. a month of formula is about that much especialy the specialty types. so i feel you should get it and as long as you stick to the rules of the warrenty they will even repair it after a year costumer services is very good i love the pump. it made sticking to nursing easier and i nursed my oldest till 23 months i only stopped because i was a high risk pregnancy so the ob made me quite. and dd#2 is now 13months and still going strong. so see if insurence will help if not i still feel it is worth the price. but it is only worth it if you think you will stick to nursing for the first 6 months. price how much it is to rent for that amount of time and figure out formula prices than see if you are willing to commit. i felt i wabnted to do it and i did it with out any formula both times. my advice is don't buy these type of things until the baby is here.

Marisa6826
02-25-2008, 02:32 AM
This is a seven year old dormant thread.

-m