PDA

View Full Version : Bottle/bottle warmer compatability

lwilliams
01-14-2001, 09:17 PM
We have a Night and Day bottle warmer from The First Years, and I already know that it is not compatible with Avent bottles. I've seen some great reviews of Dr. Brown bottles, but I wonder, how can you tell before buying if these or any other brands will fit our bottle warmer?

alandenisefields
01-15-2001, 08:03 PM
I don't know the answer to that one. I would call First Years to see if they have a list of compatible bottles. Anyone out there try that?

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

nancyl
01-16-2001, 04:21 PM
I've recently seen a dawn to dusk bottle warmer from first years that says it fits avent bottles.

lwilliams
01-21-2001, 11:04 AM
I emailed both Dr Brown's and First Years. First Years has not responded, and Dr Brown's simply gave me the dimensions of their bottles and offered a refund if they don't fit the warmer.

It seems *someone* should do a compatability study! The Dr Brown's bottles are also supposed to be compatible with "most" breast pumps; once again, how do I know if they'll work with my Ameda Purely Yours?

AmberH
03-05-2002, 01:23 PM
I have the first years bottle warmer and have recently purchased two Dr. Brown's bottles in the 8 oz. size. One was the traditional style (tall and thin) and the other was short and squat (more like the advent). The tall and thin one didn't fit into the cooler part - the nipple touched the top and bent when the top was closed. The short and squat bottle fit in both the cooler and warmer part. The short one is also easier to feed from. With the taller one, I found the nipple to be too small and while feeding I felt like my daughters nose kept getting in the way.

Bottom line: I like the "short and squat" Dr. Brown's 8 oz bottles and they work well with the first years bottle warmer.

suzska
03-05-2002, 11:21 PM
I have this bottle warmer, and while I didn't use Avent bottles (or Dr. Brown for that matter) it is supposed to fit the Avent bottles. It should come with a special adapter ring that you use for the Avent bottles (I think instead of the ring that's normally in the warmer part, but I can't remember since it's packed away in a box now--no night feedings for months).

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

suzska
03-05-2002, 11:23 PM
P.S. You might want to contact The First Years about getting a second ice pack. I wished I had one because I would always forget to refreeze the one in the unit, and then be stuck at night-time when I was ready to put the bottles in it. :-(

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

estrellamountain
03-08-2002, 02:09 PM
This bottle warmer was recently updated, the older version has grey trim and grey measuring cups & does not fit the larger Avent bottles (does fit the small 4 oz size). The newer version has blue trim & blue measuring cups and does fit both sizes of Avent bottles. We have both this warmer and the Safety First Dusk to Dawn, which also fits both sizes of Avent bottles. Hope this helps! Best,

Jennifer

Actormom
03-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Ijust bought this warmer today. I have not even opened the box, but it says clearly on the front sticker that it is compatible with wide mouth bottles, including Avent. I use Avent and Gerber New Traditions. I think they are great. With my older children I used regular bottles with the silicon orthodontic nipples. I only switched because I am also nursing this baby.

Melanie
03-27-2002, 03:19 PM
If it says it will fit Avent, then Dr. Brown's Wide neck should also fit. Dr. Brown's are slightly taller than other brands of comparable size because of their special design.

I have the Lionheart On the Go bottle warmer and the First Years Quick Serve warmer. Our 8 oz wide neck Dr. Brown's fit in both fine. I really like this warmer b/c it came with a special basket so when our son moves up to baby food, it will warm it as well.

Mommy to Little Jonah born 11-6-2001