PDA

View Full Version : Breastfeeding TWINS = which NURSING PILLOW?

Moochie
02-05-2001, 08:31 AM
Hello

I am expecting twins and plan to breastfeed. I understand a pillow would help tremendously. I heard of My Brest Friend and EZ 2 Nurse. Which pillow do you recommend? Where should I buy it?

Thanks, anxious awaiting!

suzanica
02-08-2001, 01:20 PM
I have seen the boppy pillow which looks great. I am also a soon to be frist time mother so I havent used it myself but I believe I ahve heard positive things about it.
www.boppy.com
Suzanica

joodyjr
02-08-2001, 08:23 PM
I do not recommend the Boppy for twins. I have been breastfeeding one baby w/Boppy and find it difficult to get situated and in 4 months it has lost alot of the original "oomph". I would recommdend "My Brest Friend" for twins. I plan to buy one myself to replace my worn out Boppy.

LHutch
03-05-2001, 01:56 AM
First, congratulations on your twins. I have 9 month twins and I just weaned. I bought the NurseMate .. which I believe is like My Breast Friend. (I've seen it at baby stores or on the internet through ibaby or babycatelog.com) I found it difficult in general to perform the double feed using the pillow. Its hard and flat and my little guys seemed to roll around alot. then it was challenging when it came time to burp. but I have heard others have good luck with it..
If you are intent on doing the double feed, and if money isn't an issue you could buy and try out. Or contact your local Mothers of Twins Club (a national org. with chapters everywhere).. you can attend meetings while pregnant and talk with other twins mom's to get more advice. or your hospital may have something you can try out too.

the bottom line is.. you still have to experiment and find out what works best for you.. and don't get frustrated if it takes a couple different products to get there