PDA

View Full Version : Ameda Purely Yours

marie60657
03-14-2001, 05:27 PM
My friend just told me about a great bargain on the Ameda Purely Yours with Tote. $150 (free shipping) from knoxbreastfeeding.com. She had no problems with her order / delivery. I just placed my order!

marie60657
03-23-2001, 03:41 PM
Just to follow-up on my original posting. I had an exceelent experience with this company. They sent me two e-mail and one post card confirmations of my order - and my pump arrived within about 3-4 days. $150 with no tax or shipping seems like a great deal to me!

mkmom
03-30-2001, 11:22 PM
I also used this website to buy the same pump (Nov 2000), and was quite pleased with the website and the Purely Yours Pump.

gaby
06-28-2001, 11:38 AM
I also purchased the Ameda Purely Yours and absolutely love it. While searching on e-bay (search term ameda), I found Kristine Brooks who sells them brand-new for $142 plus $14 S&H. The pump comes with the tote bag, 6 bottles, freezer packs and other accessories and goodies.

rebwal
07-05-2001, 09:20 AM
I too, bought the Ameda Purely Yours from knox and was very pleased with them. They sent me two follow up e-mails and I received my pump in 2 days, after which I received a postcard telling me that my pump was on its way. I would highly recommend this pumpt to anyone. The only thing I didn't like was that the bag was a little cumbersome. But that's only my opinion. The pumpt itself is light weight and works easy. I would also recommend buying the car adapter - I think it was only $10 or $15 and really comes in handy. If you use the battery option, they seem to last quite some time, but doesn't give you the "output" that the AC does. Good luck.

sarsah
08-22-2001, 10:29 PM
I too bought my Purely Yours pump brand new from eBay for around $150 and was very, very happy with it. I wasn't too thrilled with the bag either -- very big and kind of hard to use. If you look around, you can find the Purely Yours without the bag and ice packs and fewer storage bottles for less $.

Sarah.....

Compuhorsy
01-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Knox also sells the Purely Yours without the bag. I think it is for $120.

I have not bought my pump yet but I will probably buy from Knox because they have been really good about answering questions. With the free shipping, the cost is as good as the best prices on new pumps on eBay.

Boogiemama
04-04-2002, 11:10 PM
I am trying to decide between Ameda Purely Yours and Medela Pump In Style and Bailey Nurture III.

Does anyone know how fast the Ameda pumps each breast (like 10 minutes, 5 minutes, etc??)

Has anyone seen the pumps work side by side and have an opinion about how quiet or fast the are?

Also-
did anyone find that breastfeeding really helped you lose weight?

gaby
04-09-2002, 08:56 AM
I don't know about the Medela Pump In Style or the Bailey Nurture III, but I have an Ameda pump.

My Ameda pumped each breast for about 10-15 minutes, but I am sure that this differs from person to person. It all depends on how much milk you express, how relaxed you are etc. The Ameda is pretty quiet.

It was amazing how much weight I lost while breastfeeding! It really worked for me and helped me lose all the weight. In fact, now that I have stopped breastfeeding, I weigh more than when I was 6 months post-delivery. But some of my friends who also breastfed, did not lose much at all. So again, it depends on the person.

hope this helps,
Gaby

skinnycat
04-18-2002, 03:21 AM
i bought this pump and it was great. i used it for 9 months and pumped exclusively (baby kept falling asleep at the breast). i purchased it from knox as well and without the bag. i used a square insulated cooler to carry it and it was fine.