PDA

View Full Version : Support belt

Deana
04-18-2001, 09:11 AM
Has anyone used a support belt to relieve pressure on your pubic bone/pelvis? If so, has it worked and where did you get it. The nurse recommended support hose, a girdle or a belt. Frankly hose and/or a girdle don't sound too appealing for use until July.

cabote
04-20-2001, 03:45 AM
I bought a support belt at Motherhood maternity store. It was about $14.00. I have used it minimally. It does provide some support, but I dislike the pressure on my stomach. That is just me though. I dislike the pressure from the elastic in my maternity jeans too! For the price you may want to try it and see how it feels on you. However, you can not return this item to this store.

niq412
04-21-2001, 06:26 PM
I have one of the supports. My doctor wrote a prescription for it. Our insurance paid for it, actually the flexible spending account. I told my doctor several times that my back was killing me. I was given streching exersizes to do as well. It helps some but I still have the back pain.

peg
04-24-2001, 03:58 PM
I bought a belt at Babies R Us and loved it briefly. However, I was very big and also had to go to the bathroom a LOT, and having to remove it each time became such a pain that I stopped wearing it. It didn't completely remove my pain, just helped somewhat. Since I still had pain anyway I decided to go for the quicker bathroom stops and stop using it. Wish I could send you mine, cuz it just went to waste (By the way, I had a 10 ol. 13oz boy!) Good luck!

mkmom
04-30-2001, 08:55 PM
I bought the belt at Motherhood Materity and used it for the last 2 months of my pregnancy and it helped me a lot. Although I did not gain a lot of weight, it still helped to take the pressure off of my back. Good luck !

Dawn
05-02-2001, 06:29 PM
I had tremendous pelvic pressure near the end of my pregnancy and did not find the support belt helpful. I found sitting on an exercise ball very helpful.

jennieely
05-14-2001, 01:24 PM
I was having severe pelvic pain and bought one at A Pea in the Pod for around $14. I had great relief from the belt. I could walk again without a lot of pain. I wore it for 2 weeks and I didn't need it any more. Somehow the pain went away.

It is a little bit uncomfortable to wear but the relief out weighs the discomfort. I wear the belt under my pants and I wear low cut underwear. That makes going to the bathroom a lot easier.