PDA

View Full Version : Pump In Style & Avent Disposable System

Dawn
05-01-2001, 07:52 PM
New mom here. I've been using the Pump In Style (and love it!) and just introduced the bottle to my baby. We bought the Avent disposable system. The directions state that you should not use an electric pump to pump directly into the Avent disposable bags. Does anyone have any experience with this? If I can pump into the bags--how do I do so?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dawn

angusmom
05-01-2001, 11:46 PM
Hello!

I am NOT speaking from ANY firsthand knowledge, but I think that to pump into Avent bags you just need to have the bag inside of a bottle and therefore it is the bottle that attaches to the pump to keep it in place while pumping.

Is this correct anyone who may know?

kk
05-11-2001, 04:52 PM
I have two options:

1. get an Avent adapter for the Medela pumps. Screw the disposable bottle with bag onto the pump and you can pump directly into it.

2. ditch the Avent bags and get the Gerber seal and go, which fit in avent bottles. The Avent bags are crummy and leak half of the time. There is nothing more frustrating than seeing your breastmilk pool all over the refridgerator shelving. the Gerber Seal and Go can be "zipped" to the Medela pumps.

hope this helps.