PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Belly Basics?

jacquirapp
06-11-2001, 12:12 PM
Has anyone tried the Belly Basics clothes, like the Survival Kit? I got one really cheap (on eBay for like $80 for the four pieces - which included shipping, as opposed to the $179 that they retail for online), and I was just wondering how it will hold up...

thanks for your opinions

wilson1222
06-13-2001, 05:12 PM
If you like how the BB clothes look then you're going to be very happy with your purchases. They wash and wear well. I purchased the PSK in March and was very happy with it at the time. However I have not worn a single piece of that collection since mid-May because it's way too hot. For future purchases, you may want to check out babystyle.com. I think the babystyle line has a similar premise as BB (selling clothes in a kit, etc.) but I think the clothes are more stylish. Also all pieces can be purchased individually so if you wear different sizes on top and bottom, you're not commiting to buying stuff that won't fit.

TaraNY
06-14-2001, 10:39 AM
I have the PSK in the short-sleeve version. I've worn the pants once now and the short skirt many times. The dress and tunic are still way too big (I'm 24 weeks). Because the skirt is so versatile, I bought an one because I was concerned that the black skirt would fade and eventually not match the tunic by the time I'm big enough to wear it.

I really like the skirt - it's very flattering and I can dress it up or down because of the fabric.

nicole
06-21-2001, 01:13 AM
I own the PSK and several other pieces of the BB line and LOVE them! They are by far the most comfortable line of maternity clothes that I've purchased. What I found is that when I got bigger some of my maternity jeans and things became uncomfortable around the waist. But the BB leggings/skirt were comfortable throughout my entire pregnancy. I don't think you'll regret the purchase.

alandbaby
07-21-2001, 11:36 PM
I have worn my BB - PSK clothing most of the time - most of my other pants were no longer very comfortable after a certain point. Don't worry too much about fading - I've washed mine a lot and have not noticed much fading even though I wash some items more than others.

AshbysMom
07-26-2001, 08:50 AM
I received this as a gift when I was pregnant and practically LIVED in it for 3 months. It grows with you and is oh, so comfortable! I had the short-sleeved version in black and if it was chilly, just threw a sweater over it. You can "dress" the dress up with tights or hose and a necklace or just where it casually. I wore black tights with my skirt with some cute shoes. I REALLY loved this ensemble - can you tell? ;-)