PDA

View Full Version : Gap and Old Navy Maternity

jacquirapp
06-21-2001, 07:36 AM
I have to admit that I LOVE the style of the maternity clothes by Gap and Old Navy, and I know that they can only be found through their on-line stores.

I've yet to buy any of it though, as I'm not sure of the quality.

Anybody tried them and found them worth the money?

Thanks,
jacqui

kbuckard
06-21-2001, 02:15 PM
I bought a number of items from Gap Maternity--polo shirts, button downs, matte jersey pants, cardigans and t-shirts. They are great and the same quality as normal Gap clothes. And for the money, I thought they were a great value. They are true to size or slightly big. I wear a medium in normal Gap clothes and that is what I bought for maternity.

kimberley
06-21-2001, 08:21 PM
Just wanted to add my comments here- I bought the Wild Stripe dress from Old Navy, and received so many compliments! I actually felt pregnant and fashionable! All for under $40.

As for the Gap-I'm petite, and their pants fit me beautifully. After purchasing pants at A Pea In the Pod, and paying to have them shortened, the Gap was a welcome relief.

Both Gap and Old Navy offer affordable fashion (maybe this is because I'm feeling like I was robbed at Pea?). And hey- if you don't like it at least it's returnable!

TaraNY
06-26-2001, 09:48 AM
I just received an order from Old Navy - I got the purple stretch button-up shirt, the geometric print short skirt and the matte jersey pants.

Beware - the sizes do seem to run big! I ordered everything in a small and honestly think I could have gotten by with the x-small. The skirt is still falling off of me - maybe next month it will fit. The pants are slightly better, but I am constantly pulling them up (and I have to wear a long shirt to hide the fact that the crotch of the pants hangs down so far).

Other than the sizing, they are cute and the quality seems great!

pregoamanda
06-26-2001, 01:32 PM
I ordered several items from Old Navy Mom-To-Be--- with varied results. The tops are terrific: very light-weight material that falls nicely, even when you're not 'very' pregnant yet.

I tried a dress in two sizes (M and S) and found the bust area was simply WAY too big! I am pretty flat chested, but most non-maternity fashion suits me well. Everyone says I'll grow on top, but at 5 months I haven't grown enough to fill in the Old Navy dresses.

The good news: quality is great, and you can return or exchange AT NO COST TO YOU. That is, you don't have to pay shipping on your original order. Also, the stores accept clothing returns.

Good luck!

Amanda

dominodong
09-12-2001, 02:46 PM
I've bought maternity clothes from both Gap & Old Navy and love them. They are stylish, comfy since they are cotton, and machine washable. One top shrank a lot after I put it in the dryer, but afterwards I noticed that the label read "dry flat," so I guess that was my fault.

Another advantage: if you have an American Express gold or platinum card, the shipping is free for orders above $50 (call Amex or go to their web site to get the promotional code). With free shipping and free returns, you can't go wrong.

Laura
Washington, DC