PDA

View Full Version : Pump In Style vs. Purely Yours

veebee
07-09-2001, 12:17 PM
It's time for me to start pumping to get my son used to bottles before I go back to work. I've narrowed my selection down to Pump In Style and Purely Yours and I'd like to know if there's anyone who has used both who can give me a recommendation. Thanks in advance for your help.

Minnie Mouse
07-10-2001, 08:51 AM
I haven't used either, but was looking at both just as you are. Last month, I went to a breastfeeding meeting and they explained the differences with ALL the pumps. Basically the main difference between the Ameda and the Medela's that you mentioned (other than price and battery pack)is the Ameda's suction reduces when you go from pumping one breast to two and the Medela's suction will remain the same. This convinced me that the Medela was worth the price.

In addition, they were very adament about NOT buying a used pump...even if you get a new set of tubes, etc. It seems that some biological matter does get into the inner workings of the portable pumps (not the rental ones though) and they compared it to using someone elses toothbrush.

HTH

Christine

rebwal
07-10-2001, 03:06 PM
I own the Purely Yours and absolutely love it. I like the fact that it is much lighter than the Medela and can be transported out of its case. You can also use the pump with batteries (only at this time did I feel a reduction in pumping pressure). It also has more suction levels than the Medela and costs more than $100 less. It's hard to find in stores (the only place I saw it was Baby Depot), but if you decide on this or the Medela, I would highly recommend purchasing it through Knoxbreastfeeding.com. They are absolutely superb and fast!

Good luck with whatever you choose.

sarsah
08-22-2001, 10:20 PM
I would highly recommend the Purely Yours. I have one which I used for a year and it was great. I bought it brand new on eBay from an Ameda dealer for a lot less than I could find it anywhere else. The is also a model (same pump) that comes without the carry bag and the ice packs and fewer storage bottles which is even cheaper.

Sarah.....