PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Bras

MaKetels
08-17-2001, 12:41 PM
Hi all...
I know this has been discussed before, but I'd like to do just one more go 'round. I'm searching for SOME nursing bra (not too sure if it even exists) that is functional, comfortable, affordable, and -maybe- pretty? A dear friend who is a lactation Consultant told me that you should avoid underwires, as it interferes with milk flow, or production, or something bad...
So that rules out many of the bras that I have seen online.
I know that many love the Bravado bras, but I think they are not all that attractive. CAN'T stand the Playtex ones... they look awful to me... Found one at Sears (of all places) that was relatively attractive and affordable... found one at Motherhood that I really liked, but would like other options. I'd also like to be able to try it on, or see it up close or have a liberal return policy... OK, I know I'm asking a lot, but any ideas?
Thanks!

rebwal
08-17-2001, 03:12 PM
I found a huge variety of nursing bras at birthandbaby.com. They are all reasonably priced and they have awesome customer service, with a great return policy. I must have gone through 5 bras before I got the one I liked and there turn around was extremely prompt. I think they're based out of Washington, but not sure. Good luck

kbuckard
08-22-2001, 08:04 AM
i'm having the same dilemna. my sister (mother of 5) swore by the j.c. penney nursing bras. she said they were the most comfortable to her. i haven't yet checked them out so can't verify the attractiveness.

acadiaphile
08-24-2001, 06:14 PM
I'm sitting here 5 days post partum trying to grab the lable on my nursing bra which I was amazed to find--it's really comforable (I usually wear an underwire and a lactation consultant told me the same thing about how underwires can impeded flow) and actually reasonably attractive (okay, it's not Victoria's Secret, but..). It's made by Medela (Style 39) and is seamless and cotton. I also have a Bravado which is especially nice for nighttime. Another advantage to the Bravado (at least the one I have which looks like an athletic bra) is that it's so modest that in a pinch I'll just wear it around the house with no shirt and don't worry too much if neighbors see something through the window.

I suppose I should note that I bought my bra at a local hospital that has a lactation consultation service and loads of lactation-related stuff. I think it cost something like 35 USD.

Hope this helps.

Christine

lbess
08-30-2001, 09:57 AM
Another recommendation for birthandbaby.com -- friendly service, good selection, and competitive prices (free shipping, too). Their return policy is 30 days in original condition, which seems more than fair, and is crucial when you're buying something as unpredictably sized as bras.