PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy medela traveler pump in style

julie1218
08-22-2001, 09:16 AM
Anyone have any ideas on the best website(s) for buying a Medela Traveler Pump in Style? I noticed that the lowest price available is fixed by Medela (at 10% below retail) and that everyone seems to offer free 2nd day shipping. So, all the sites seem the same. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences, like with customer service, with buying one on the web? I am wanting to buy one on the web, instead of in person, to at least save the Texas sales tax.

Thanks.

betsyjaffe
08-24-2001, 12:35 PM
You may want to check out the offerings on eBay. Just last week I bought a brand new Traveller (sealed and in the original box) for $100 less than retail. I had to pay $8 for shipping, but the overall price was a lot less than the other e-tailers.

Betsy

julie1218
08-24-2001, 01:37 PM
is your warranty valid on it?

i read on some website (that is an official medela retailer) that you have to buy the pump from an official retailer to validate the warranty. it said that warranties on pumps bought below the lowest retail price allowed by medela (10% off full retail) will not be honored by medela. of course, that could be just that website trying to sell pumps.

julie

audrey
08-26-2001, 12:12 AM
If you don't mind the idea of a previously used one I would check out Ebay, your local newspaper, and garage sales. I bought the Medela Pump In Style today at a garage sale with all the attachments, car charger, extra plastic bags/containers/bottles/etc. for $50.00 (It retails for $279.00).
I'm going to totally sterilize all of the parts. Medela says for health reasons their product should only have one owner, but the Baby Bargains Book says its okay. Anyways I bet you could probably order all the accessories from Medela if a used system really bugged you.

farrah3
08-27-2001, 12:44 PM
www.kidalog.com sells the original PIS for $249 Canadian (about $170 american) , and I think the shipping was something like $8 Canadian, this is where i bought my pump, and the warranty is valid since they will provide you with a receipt. They have wonderful customer service and the pump is new and unused. I am not sure if they carry the Traveler or not.

elzi121
11-08-2001, 01:31 PM
I really love www.knoxbreastfeeding.com. They have great prices and free, fast shipping on all orders. I also decided to go with the Ameda Purely Yours pump because it is about $100 cheaper than the PIS.

Allison
12-02-2001, 10:34 AM
I know lots of people who have bought a PIS from www.kidalog.com as well. They are very reliable (and cheap)!