PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Parent's Choice Bottles?

HOBSON725
09-27-2001, 03:10 PM
I am 27 weeks pregnant and want to do some "research"(if possible) on bottle types. I have already received the AVENT ISIS breast pump and have registered for AVENT bottles. I was at Wal-Mart today and noticed the PARENT'S CHOICE brand and remembered hearing that PARENT'S CHOICE bottles and nipples were the same as AVENT(PC nipples fit AVENT bottles, vice versa, PC cheaper than AVENT). Has anyone had any experience with PARENT'S CHOICE products? They look quite interesting(well...as interesting as bottles can be!LOL). Thanks :)
~ECH

Geebee
09-29-2001, 09:17 PM
I knew that I saw something here about these bottles, so I did a search on the message boards and found this...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID4/5.html

The very last post mentions Parent's Choice bottles.

Enjoy!

HOBSON725
09-30-2001, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the information! I think I might give them a try!!! :)

ksummy
09-30-2001, 04:52 PM
I USE PC bottles and I LOVE them!!! I tried several different brands that I had been given before my 6 month old was born. I am a breastfeeding Mom, but use bottles when I work 2 days a week and work on my Master's 2 nights a week. I was not aware they were the same as AVENT. I use the disposable bottles and have been very pleased. My infant likes the nipples of these bottles, and they seem like stronger bottles to me. I tried the Playtex disposable bottles, although they offered many different nipples, I did not like their nipples. The brown nipples (versus the silicone) wear very quicly and turn sticy. You cannot place these brown playtex nipples in the dishwasher. I place the PC nipples in the dishwasher with no problem. I did not like the push up lever on the playtex bottles as the bag would get stuck between the lever and the bottle. The PC bottle has a little purple ring that you slip over the bags to hold them in place. Of course, this is not needed if you use the drop-in bags. I often freeze the breastmilk in the Gerber ziploc bags, and then those just drop right in the PC bottle. I also noticed that the playtex disposable were terrible to leak, the PC DO NOT leak. Another note, we tried numerous pacifiers, but my baby's favorite is the PC teether pacifier. They are really neat with a "bumpy" base that feels good on gums. Ihave only found them at some Wal-Marts. The PC bottle has also been good for us because the other infants where my baby visits while I am away uses playtex or other bottles. So our bottles are easily identified and always come back home.

HOBSON725
09-30-2001, 05:52 PM
So...would you recommend that I get a package of these bottles before my baby arrives? Should I get other brands as well? I plan to breastfeed and use my breast pump for about 4-5 months. Thanks again for the great advice!!
~ECH

ksummy
09-30-2001, 08:54 PM
>So...would you recommend that I get a package of these
>bottles before my baby arrives? Should I get other brands as
>well? I plan to breastfeed and use my breast pump for about
>4-5 months. Thanks again for the great advice!!
>~ECH

YEAH!! It's great you plan on breastfeeding. It has been a wonderful experience for me, I hope you find it to be the same. My baby will be 7 months old 10/9 and we are still breastfeeding.

If you are certain you would like to try PC, I would not invest in other brands unless your baby for some reason just won't take these bottles. My infant was 3 months old before I discovered PC, so I initially used the little 2 ounce bottles I received from the hospital with her for quite some time. These were convenient because she was not taking a full 8 ounces and did not need the large bottle. I am not sure if PC makes 4 ounce bottles, I would think they probably due. If so, I think I would probably try to start your baby on PC to begin with. These disposable bottles are good also because you throw the bag away and don't always have to put the bottle in the dishwasher. I think the disposable bottles are more sanitary. Best of luck. When is your baby due? Feel free to email me with any breastfeeding or bottle questions???!!!