PDA

View Full Version : Dusk to Dawn or Day and Night??

mellivesay
10-04-2001, 04:07 PM
Hello!! I am a first time mother and am looking for a convienient bottle warmer to supplement breastfeeding. I read about the Day and Night bottle warmer in the lastest "Baby Bargains" book and they recommended it. A sales person recently told me though that they have had many problems with the Day and Night bottle warmer. The store only had the Dusk to Dawn in stock though. That made me wonder.

Can anyone give me advice to the convience of either product? I am intrerested in knowing how long it takes to warm a bottle as well.

sarsah
10-12-2001, 09:44 PM
I had the Dusk to Dawn warmer -- bought it becuase I didn't want to spend the money on the true Avent bottle warmer. What a waste of money. It took what seemed like FOREVER to warm the bottles and the heating was inconsistant -- sometimes it was too hot and sometimes till cold for no reason that we could figure out.

You would be better off boiling water on the stove and saving yourself the $. We ended up microwaving the bottles for 30 sec. and then shaking them. Yes, I know you're not supposed to microwave them, but we never had a problem and it was so much faster & easier.

Sarah

mellivesay
10-14-2001, 05:01 PM
Thank you for your input!! That helps!

emmiem
10-14-2001, 09:27 PM
I have the Night and Day bottle Warmer and I love it. The bottles don't seem to get very warm but my baby will take those from the warmer and not straight from the fridge. It has a night light which is great and a cooling area as well as the heater.