PDA

View Full Version : disappointing experience with japanese weekend

savvymomtobe
10-16-2001, 08:09 PM
After reading the baby bargains book and several other sources I decided to order some clothes from Japanese weekend. Today I returned everything. On the website they neglect to tell you to expect shrinkage. They also told me over the phone that the shirts ran big. The shirt fit me now and I am just in my third month, forget it in April when I'll really need it. For the prices they charge the least they could do is use preshrunk cotton. Needless to say I am out about $12 in shipping.:-(

elainegl
10-16-2001, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. When I went there (they opened a store Dallas), they told me to dry clean the clothes and to not put any washable clothes in the dryer. I rate this high on the pain factor, but I love the clothes, so I put up with it.

I was very disappointed with Motherhood Maternity. In the beginning, I bought a bunch of clothes at one time there and they all shrunk. I now can't wear any of them. I've had better luck at Target, although there I tend to buy a size larger anyway.

I wish you better luck with your next purchase!
Elaine

dominodong
11-07-2001, 01:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with JW. To the contrary, I have had great luck with their clothes. I bought a few pairs of pants & a short skirt, plus I borrowed JW leggings and shorts from a friend. All of these pieces are extremely comfortable, hold up well, and feel stylish (particularly the skirt - it makes my legs look skinny!). Yes, the cotton items can shrink up a bit, but I find if I line dry them or set the dryer on cool this is less of a problem. I also am a big fan of JWO underwear.

On the down side, I have not liked the way any of their tops fit, plus they are just too expensive. The JW web site is slow and quirky, their shipping fees are high, delivery is somewhat slow, & it takes forever for them to process returns (although they do eventually give you your $ back).

Overall, though, I recommend their bottoms. Sometimes you can find them cheaper, and with better shipping deals, at www.annacris.com, where I found a great pair of pants for $19.

walda
11-08-2001, 12:54 PM
I, too, had a very disappointing experience with JW. I bought 3 of the Hug nursing bras. They were comfortable and cute, with skinny straps, but very unsupportive. I saw stretch marks within weeks. The little plastic adjuster thingies on the straps started to snap, they were of very poor quality. I tried to sew the straps together, but then I couldn't adjust them... which is a problem, since my boobs change size all day long due to nursing!!! The fabric was beautiful at first, but now they are all pilled and natty. (i only used them 3-4 months!!) For a $32 bra, I expect a lot more!!

I let Onehotmama.com (where I bought them) know how upset I was. They offered me a 1/2 refund, which was really nice. I bought some Bravado bras, which are well made, and what I should have bought in the first place.

savvymomtobe
01-09-2002, 10:26 PM
I returned the japanese weekend clothing I purchased in Oct. Talk about slow in making the refund. It finally showed up on our statement on Jan 7. Another thumbs down for Japanese weekend in my book.

caroliner
02-09-2002, 05:33 PM
I went to their store to check out the clothes personally, and did find several itmes that I really liked a lot, but agree a lot of the stuff did not look as nice in person as it did in photos. I have a great pair of jeans and a pair of black gabardine pants, both with the "belly band", and I have to say I love them. I also bought a tankini, but got it for less at onehotmama.com, it is a wonderful suit. They have a cute pair of shorts on their site now, but I think I will try to find it on another site or go back to the store, which is an hour away, so I don't have to deal with the customer service or shipping. The "belly band" is a concept that I really love though, so I will probably buy some more items.