PDA

View Full Version : Weird bra sizes

Elaine
10-25-2001, 12:28 PM
Help! I can't be the only person in this category! I am 8-1/2 mos pregnant. Everything I read about maternity/nursing bras seems to stress the cup size change. Well, for me, the cup size has hardly seemed to budge but my band width has increased two sizes! I am normally a 38B, currently wearing 40B but probably really in need of a 42B! Which is about impossible to find, I'm learning. It seems if the band width is above 40, manufacturers assume your cup size is larger, too.

I found one 40B at Motherhood which seems to fit o.k. (I tried on four other identical bras and the others were too tight, so I don't know if the one I got was just a fluke). I broke down and bought another bra in 42C because the band was comfortable, but the cup still "poofs" a little bit. Maybe after delivery when my milk comes in, the C will be just fine but I am very frustrated as I'd like to have a few good fitting bras NOW (and on-hand in case baby comes early).

Can anyone in a similar situation recommend a brand? It seems like everyone's favorite is Bravado but it looked to me like they also cut off B cups at 40.

Geebee
10-26-2001, 07:14 AM
Just an FYI...band size could go up because your rib cage expands to accommodate the baby and maybe because of retaining fluid. Neither of those conditions last after you have the baby. My band size went down after I had the baby (it took about 2 weeks to lose that fluid), so you might want to hold off and not buy too many bras in the higher band size. At 8 1/2 months, you might want to wait.

I hope that helps.

MaryAgnes
10-28-2001, 02:29 PM
I am 7 months pregnant and have had the same problem. Currently I am a 40B, and probably could go larger. I am wearing a 40C maternity bra now, but the cups aren't as full as they should be. I'm having difficulty finding my size.

FYI, I really didn't like the bravado bras that I wore the first few months. The medium basic size is supposed to be 38-40 B-C, and it was so tight, I couldn't wait until I came home to rip it off! I also don't think it gave me enough support. I didn't think I needed that much support before (B-cup you know) but I started noticing some wicked stretch marks a month ago, and canned the Bravados. Now I need to wear one to bed too.

MaryAgnes
...who has the largest collection of bras that don't fit

webma
11-18-2001, 08:00 PM
I ending up buying extenders for this problem and even doubling them up for the between cups stage. They were a life saver in helping me wear some of my pre-pregnancy bras longer and more comfortably.

Try these sites:

underworks.com
momsinmind.com
borntolove.com (canada)