PDA

View Full Version : maternity/nursing bra recommendations for larger sizes?

stacik
11-10-2001, 12:49 AM
Okay, I saw several posts asking specifically about bras for smaller-chested women, but isn't there anyone else with the opposite problem? I am normally a 36 C, but am 6 ms. pg. and have already gone up 2 band sizes and 3 cup sizes. And now my bras are itching like crazy, so I think I need to buy some a bit larger again, which would be another cup size. (And, by the way, I lost weight during my first trimester, but still went up a cup size.) It's a nightmare. And now I hear I will increase by another cup size after the baby is born. Do they even make sizes that large? Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations? I would really like to buy them online, since when I go to stores, they always want to help me, and I would just as soon not have to announce my size to strangers (though, I guess I just did that), plus last time, two women started searching for my size, and then informed they just don't carry that size! How embarassing! Thanks for any help!

rossini
11-16-2001, 10:05 AM
Hi, I'm a nursing mom who's also "blown up"! Check on the motherwear.com website, or through their catalog. They have a nice non-underwire bra that's also very supportive. Trust me, skip underwire- I didn't, and actually got a yeast infection right where the underwire goes! apparently that area was constantly moist from perspiration. That was a MISERABLE experience! The bras I now wear are the one I just mentioned- I believe it's made by Fancee Free, and I found another by Medela (in a breastfeeding retail store locally) that are working very well. (Another tip: put some white vinegar in the final rinse water when you wash you bras- it discourages the bacteria for yeast.) Another possibility: Elizabeth Lee (check your search engine under nursing clothes or nursing bras) has a nice selection, too. Hope this helps!

webma
11-18-2001, 07:50 PM
Try biggerbras.com. I've ordered from them and liked the prices and selection. They sell nursing and regular bras in typical sizes and all the way out to H.

stacik
11-20-2001, 08:21 PM
Thanks! I'll check those out.