PDA

View Full Version : Breast Pads

wen
12-20-2001, 08:48 AM
Does anyone have recommendations for the best breast pads? I'm planning on getting both some disposable pads and some re-usable pads.

Thanks!

Minnie Mouse
12-20-2001, 11:04 AM
I have only used disposable...and tried both Johnson & Johnson and Lanisoh. Both worked fine, but I like the Lanisoh better because they are thinner.

I get them at Wal Mart...not sure if I've seen the Lanisoh ones anywhere else. I know I've seen the J&J ones at BRU and maybe Target.

Christine

vsmommy123
12-20-2001, 06:58 PM
Recommendation on re-usable: The wool pads that Motherwear sells (~$29) you get two pairs and don't have to wash them all the time. When you do wash, just use warm water and shampoo. I have used these for almost a year and am very happy w/ them becuase they don't rub your nipples, which my re-usable cotton ones (Medela) do, and they feel very good next to your skin which you might not think would be the case w/ wool but it's true!

momathome
12-20-2001, 11:22 PM
I really like both the Johnson and Johnson disposables as well as the Gerber disposables. The J & J one's are thick but contoured and the Gerber ones are thin but flat. Both are good choices. Good luck!
-Lauren

tarheelmom
12-21-2001, 09:42 AM
I used the Lansinoh disposable pads during the day and Kushies cotton pads at night. The Kushies are sold at Target. I liked both of these pads and never had problems.

Geebee
12-21-2001, 11:55 PM
Johnson & Johnson are the BEST disposables that I found. I tried Evenflos and Gerbers. J&J are contoured and don't show under clothes very much (especially if you like to wear cotton knit shirts). Also, (I'm trying my best to be delicate) they have an indentation for sore nipples - no rubbing.

I hope that helps.